Seeker Zusshi

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Demoiselle
Pet Score:2013
Realm:Windrunner-us
Seeker Zusshi

Post by Demoiselle » May 25th, 2013, 12:42 pm

Is anyone else having a hard time with Seeker Zusshi since 5.3?

I used to breeze past him using the slimeling strategy suggested in the stickied post, but since 5.3 I can't use a slimeling vs. Diamond. Diamond kills the slime every time, or close enough as makes no difference. So I switched to the slower & more reliable crab. I still use the slime on the snail, which isn't a problem, but the waterbug wipes me a fair bit.

I can get past him, but I really think he's been buffed. Anyone else?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Seeker Zusshi

Post by Luciandk » May 25th, 2013, 12:49 pm

Use a snail on the elemental. I have a H/H shimmershell snail. Plows through the elemental and makes a good dent in the snail too. Snails are elemental killers. Aquatic power move and less damage from elementals.

Demoiselle

Post by Demoiselle » May 25th, 2013, 12:58 pm

I have Scooter, and I've tried him out on Zusshi. Works pretty well.

I can think of a new strategy. I'm posting because I'm surprised that I'm having to come up with one.

I think part of the problem is that the waterbug stuns more? Maybe that's just a streak of bad luck, getting stunned while the bug pumps at me again and again.

Yellowlab
Top Rater
Pet Score:5566
BattleTag®:Yellowlab#1493
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Yellowlab » May 25th, 2013, 2:07 pm

Snail on the elemental works wonders. And a darkmoon rabbit is amazing against the Snail and the Water skimmer. Darkmoon rabbit deals extra damage to the Snail and the skimmer literally cannot hit the rabbit if you evade and burrow right before pumps.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 25th, 2013, 6:30 pm

I was able to defeat Diamond using a Jade Oozeling, breed 4. He managed to get my oozeling down lower than before this patch, but it still had enough health left to take the snail's health down a bit.

What I did was throw up Acidic Goo and Corrosion and then Absorbed until Diamond died. If RNG was kind, the dots would fall off but on the very next round my oozeling's Absorb would finish it off. I could definitely see how Diamond could easily defeat any ooze if RNG wasn't in your favor, though.

As others have suggested, a snail might be better suited now. Especially since the changes to accuracy, meaning Dive (hopefully) hits more often than not.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Alcanta
Pet Score:3094
BattleTag®:Angra#2750
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Alcanta » May 25th, 2013, 7:32 pm

Try Tiny Goldfish as first pet, in my case she usually kills both Diamond and Mollus.
Diamond: Pump, Pump, Healing Wave, Pump, Pump
Mollus: Water Jet, Healing Wave, Pump, Pump, Water Jet

Teacake
Pet Score:2717
Realm:Misha-us

Post by Teacake » May 25th, 2013, 10:09 pm

I got bored using snails and found my 2 Emperor Crabs to be the quickest way to get through Zusshi. Breeds probably don't matter here but I happen to have leveled P/P and H/H; here's how I use them:

P/P Emperor Crab: Whirlpool, Healing Wave, Surge til Elemental is dead.
Swap to H/H Emperor Crab: (Snail's healing attack is weak v. Aquatic which is a nice perk.) Shell Shield, Healing Wave timed to hit after Dive hits me, Snap til Snail is dead.

Between the two crabs they have plenty of health left to take out the Bug; your leveling pet only needs to be in for one round. If you time Shell Shield on the second crab so you still have Acidic Goo but no shield on you when the Snail dies, you'll be damaged during the Drowsy round and won't be put to sleep.

Now if only I could also time it so I never ever have to fight that stupid mob that wanders across Zusshi's path. :)

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » May 26th, 2013, 3:55 am

I use a Shattrath fishing daily croc, forgot which one, speed is not required though since Diamond is going to slow you anyway, and you can use surge.

My strat is Rip - Blood in the water - one or two surges.

Then comes the snail, Rip - surge, and if you're very lucky his Dive will miss and you can use Blood in the water, but it usually doesn't miss ^^

By that time the snail is pretty bad, i then use the carried pet if I have one, then Gilnean raven, make sure to grab some acidic goo then finish him. The acidic goo will get rid of the strider's Sleep.
Again, the strider is very predictable : cleansing rain (peck), sleep (peck) and at this point use Nevermore, right before the strider uses his first water pump : that'll silence this ability and he'll just sit there like a dummy while you peck him.

PS : not the end of the world if you do get put to sleep, just pass twice, maybe get a water pump in the face but 99% of the time you'll be fine.

Moonra
Pet Score:3164
Realm:Malfurion-us

Post by Moonra » May 27th, 2013, 7:02 pm

I use the same team I always have, no issues. Dancing Water Skimmer, Amethyst Spiderling and Dragonbone Hatchling.
works for me without fail. Hope it helps!!

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » May 27th, 2013, 8:13 pm

I'm still using Disgusting Oozeling and Onyxian Whelpling without much trouble. I don't think the ele has ever killed my ooze, but RNG can be a bear vs the other two. Usually my ooze dies when the middle pet (sorry exhausted, can't think of his name) comes up from the dive. I swap in a lowbie for one turn and then switch to the Whelpling. If I have to heal before the strider comes out, sometimes I will lose, but usually it isn't an issue. Between Lift-off and the heal, the strider goes down pretty quick.

Demoiselle

Post by Demoiselle » May 28th, 2013, 12:33 am

I tried out the snail & onyxian whelpling combo today, worked like a charm.

I think the real problem is that I was burnt out. I've been doing the pet trainer quests every day for weeks & was really starting to get sick of it. So when my usual Zusshi strat didn't work, I felt frustrated instead of excited about trying something new.

Best answer was to take a couple of days off the pet battles. I've got enough pets at 25 now that I don't need to be quite so frantic about leveling more.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » May 28th, 2013, 12:47 am

Demoiselle wrote: felt frustrated instead of excited about trying something new.

Best answer was to take a couple of days off the pet battles. I've got enough pets at 25 now that I don't need to be quite so frantic about leveling more.
I hear you there. This past week I did nothing but tried to get the new pets. Made the dailies and pet dailies I did not seem so repetitive.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » May 28th, 2013, 5:22 am

I use:

Emperor crab. Whirlwind / Big heal / Charge. Takes down the elemental pretty quick, then grind down the snail. You'll easily out heal as long as you're fully healed before the dive you'll survive.

Swap in pet to be leveled, then back out.

Yellow moth. P/P breed. Use the two high hitters, usually stuns the skitterer and dies within 3 turns.

Phraide
Pet Score:1785
Realm:Cho'gall-eu

Post by Phraide » May 28th, 2013, 5:50 am

Check the new sticky for the updated teams ;) .
[url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4314[/url]

Seeker Zusshi
13 rounds
1: Snarly [-] (1,1,2)
2: Carry pet
3: Vampiric Batling [-] (1,2,1)

vs Diamond
- Rip > Blood in the Water > Surge until Diamond dies
vs Mollus
- Rip > Surge (you should die at this point, but if you are still alive, do the following: ) > Blood in the water > Surge until Snarly dies
- Switch to Carry pet > switch to Vampiric Batling > Bite until Mollus dies
vs Skimmer
- Reckless Strike > Bite > Reckless Strike

- Notes: Snarly has the best stat distribution out of the 4 crocolisks, but any of them will work. If you don't have a Vampiric Batling, a Bat [4] (1,2,1) should work just fine, as long as you don't miss any strike.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » May 28th, 2013, 3:26 pm

The post where I detail my 2 pet strats for all the bag daily tamers still applies. Just do a search for my name and you should find the post.

I should note that my rabbit takes more damage vs the earth spirit, but still wins. And I haven't had issues with any of the others.