Daily Pet Supply Bags

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Basti
MVP
Pet Score:3493
BattleTag®:Delubyo#1445
Realm:Elune-us
Daily Pet Supply Bags

Post by Basti » May 26th, 2013, 8:08 am

Just curious about what you have gotten from the bags today. This is only the second time I am doing the dailies since patch and I don't know what to feel about it. I used to do tons of them but now even with the 5 Valor Points awarded per battle, it is not very encouraging to continue doing this. It's just too much work, about 1.5 hours of my time each day for so little rewards. First time I did the dailies I got junk in all 14 bags. Today I received the following on top of the 70 VPs.

3 Rusty Pet Cage
4 Magical Pet Biscuit
2 Pet Grooming Kit
2 Sack of Expired Pet Food
5 Tattered Collar
2 Fetch Ball
3 Hair Ball
6 Magical Mini Treat
2 Well-loved Toy
2 Happy Pet Snack
1 Red Ribbon Pet Leash
1 Rope Pet Leash
1 Sunfur Panda (Again!)
1 Aquatic Battle-stone (Nice, I have a stack of unused Aquatic stones already)

Sigh.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Daily Pet Supply Bags

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 26th, 2013, 8:44 am

I haven't kept exact track but since the patch ive
had 4 or 5 family stones and 1 flawless(ah valuable) that
I used on a minifernal

I got a flying stone after a pvp win too ... Not sure if that's
new since the patch since I'm new to pvp

I'll trade you a mountain panda for your sunfur if you would
By the way- pre-patch I was -1/11 on panda tries and 2/3 since
so either it's all Rng or its better since the patch for me

Add me if you'll trade m.panda for sun.panda
Kingsfoiler# 1479
US horde

Mantrhax
Top Rater
Pet Score:4076
BattleTag®:Mantrhax#1413
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Mantrhax » May 26th, 2013, 3:28 pm

In 5.2 i was geting 2-3 stones a day , when 5.3 comes out with this fail safe stuff im geting 0-1 stones a day, só yes , blizzard folled everyone again.
Im tired of all blizzard bullshit

Phraide
Pet Score:1785
Realm:Cho'gall-eu

Post by Phraide » May 26th, 2013, 5:16 pm

Pre-patch 5.3, I had 0-1 stone/day.
Now I'm at 1-2 stones/day.

Their fail-safe mechanism seems to be working just fine for me 8-)

Beardydan
Pet Score:5027
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Beardydan » May 26th, 2013, 5:57 pm

I actually started keeping a detailed record a back in april, in the 45 days of 5.2 i got:

Bandages 1,175, Ave per day 26, Best Day 39, Worst Day 13
Lesser Coins 1,518, Ave per day 34, Best Day 64, Worst Day 10
Flawless Stones 69, Ave per day 1.53, Best Day 4 , Worst Day 0

5 days post patch:

Bandages 124, Ave per day 25, Best Day 35, Worst Day 14
Lesser Coins 356, Ave per day 71, Best Day 98, Worst Day 56
Flawless Stones 14, Ave per day 18.80, Best Day 4, Worst Day 1

Ok, so its not a Huge data pool but definalty better than before.

On the other hand I am getting REALLY annoyed by the "You won!" window that pops up for each item now.

Basti
MVP
Pet Score:3493
BattleTag®:Delubyo#1445
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Basti » May 26th, 2013, 6:37 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote:
Add me if you'll trade m.panda for sun.panda
Kingsfoiler# 1479
US horde
Tried to add you but I guess you are offline. My btag is Delubyo#1445.

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » May 26th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Phraide wrote:Pre-patch 5.3, I had 0-1 stone/day.

Same, I've definitely had more stones popping up, and *gasp* some of which I actually needed!

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 26th, 2013, 7:00 pm

Yeah sorry
Real life has me busy till Thursday ... Theres a small chance
I'll be on before ... If you wanted a mountain panda I do have
2 and ill reserve 1 for you

Tks

Btw this is a battles forum so ill put a battle related note
in here ...
I'm considering a pvp team of soul of the aspects,crawdad and sunfur panda
It will run big hp with abilities like sunlight,wish and hibernate
With 3 pet types- stun chance and the crawdad it could be very tanky
Any readers can feel free to comment

Alcanta
Pet Score:3094
BattleTag®:Angra#2750
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Alcanta » May 26th, 2013, 11:00 pm

Once had 9 days without stones at all in 5.2 while doing all dailies with bags. Now there are 2-4 stones every day and I really love this new fail-safe feature :)

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » May 27th, 2013, 3:50 am

Beardydan wrote: On the other hand I am getting REALLY annoyed by the "You won!" window that pops up for each item now.
You and me both !! Especially when it's for useless junk.
The other really annoying thing, is that it's not possible to open the bag and peek inside. With so much junk, I used to open the bag, check the contents, remove anything useful and delete the bag. Now I have to delete each and every useless item individually.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » May 27th, 2013, 10:24 am

Dash wrote:
Phraide wrote:Pre-patch 5.3, I had 0-1 stone/day.

Same, I've definitely had more stones popping up, and *gasp* some of which I actually needed!
I've noticed the same thing. I don't keep records, but it definitely seems like I get more chance of a stone in a bag since the patch.

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » May 28th, 2013, 8:12 am

Yesterday, I did all of the Pandaria tamers, plus the Spirit tamers on one toon. I didn't open the bags until I was done, and ended up with 6 stones and 2 Lesser Pet Treats. (I didn't count the other stuff.) 4 stones I didn't need, but I did get a Flying that I needed and either a beast or critter I needed, so I was happy. Surprisingly got a beast battling the Grubs at the Incursion as well, so I was a happy camper.

I did the other bag tamers, plus all the BoFs, but did not get any other stones, on a different character.

On the bright side, just doing the tamers and a little bit of pet leveling at the Incursion, I got my warrior from 86 to 88 (she's my least favorite toon lol)

Clatong
Top Rater
Pet Score:3620
BattleTag®:clatong#1432
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Clatong » May 28th, 2013, 8:41 am

Similar thoughts here, though I haven't kept detailed notes. I think I was getting 0-1 per day doing the Panda loop before, now am getting 1-2 per day.

That's not counting the legendary daily quests... I've only taken the time to do it once since 5.3 hit, but 2 out of 3 bags had a stone for me.

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » May 28th, 2013, 12:06 pm

Clatong wrote:Similar thoughts here, though I haven't kept detailed notes. I think I was getting 0-1 per day doing the Panda loop before, now am getting 1-2 per day.

That's not counting the legendary daily quests... I've only taken the time to do it once since 5.3 hit, but 2 out of 3 bags had a stone for me.
So far today I've done two of the BoF quests (so 2 bags for them), 4 Pandaria tamers (4 more bags), and a Spirit tamer (1 bag). Total 7 bags today, the only thing I've gotten out of them worthwhile is 2 Lesser Pet Treats. I got a fetch ball, threw it, my Living Sandling came back with it in his mouth, and then it was gone. (May be intended behavior, I didn't know they were one use items, I'll be vendoring them from now on)

Diamondsoul
Pet Score:13082
BattleTag®:Beegkitty#1715
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Diamondsoul » May 28th, 2013, 12:20 pm

It is so odd. Before, I got at least 2 a day and I did only the Panda tamers. Now, I have been doing ALL of the tamers and have gotten a total of three stones since the patch release. And one of them was not even from a tamer! It was from a random pet battle when I was trying to level my dark phoenix.

RNG has always hated me. I spent month after month farming for the Lifestealing enchant back in the day. It never dropped for me - a friend gave it to me finally. I spent a year farming for Rivendare's mount, getting the instance down to a ten minute run, doing at least ten to fifteen runs a day. Anzu refuses to this day to drop a mount. The Fox Kit made me so angry. I farmed and killed foxes for days and days, until my eyes were bleeding. Thankfully when you could just buy him, I was able because I had SO MANY tokens stored up from being on that forsaken island for so long.

So, hopefully it will even out and RNG protection will kick in eventually. I would like to know a bit more about how it works. Is it for that specific tamer's reward bag or is it from any reward bag?

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » May 28th, 2013, 1:08 pm

I don't do all the tamers every day, but I usually do at least 5 or 6. I had all three stones I've ever gotten from bags in one day (Friday maybe?) I've never gotten a stone before that, and I haven't gotten once since.

I've gotten 3 stones, ever, from wild battles.

So that makes a total of 6 stones I've gotten... Total. Ever. This game does not want me to have stones.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » May 28th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Supposedly the bags have a bad luck modifier built in, so that if you have a string of bad luck your chance at something good will increase.

Also, not to belittle your boredom with the pet dailies, but consider that I was doing the dailies every day for months to get all my pets up. I stopped before 5.3 because of the addition of valor, but I basically lost out on a massive amount of valor because I leveled pets prior to 5.3 (if my calculations are near accurate, then somewhere on the order of 9 or 10k valor :x ).

Yellowlab
Top Rater
Pet Score:5566
BattleTag®:Yellowlab#1493
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Yellowlab » May 29th, 2013, 12:16 pm

I have noticed an increased drop rate in Flawless stones from the bags. Also, the fable quest line being split into 3 separate dailies helps too, since you get 2 more bags with much higher drop rates. What I have noticed though, is the drop rate of Pandaren Spirits seems to be much lower. I opened a ton of bags that I had saved up, and I do the quests every day and I have only received 2. There seem to be a lot less on the AH too. But it's probably just me :\

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » May 29th, 2013, 12:22 pm

Tiggindy wrote:Also, not to belittle your boredom with the pet dailies...
Oh, I'm not bored with them. At all. I just don't have the right teams in place to consistently take down all of them. I haven't even done BoF the first time, much less the dailies. I didn't get my first couple 25s until near the end of 5.2.

So I've been spending my pet battling time leveling up on some of the non-bag tamers. I keep forgetting about Obalis though, and I still haven't worked out a good 2-pet strategy for Major Payne (thread above helps though).

So I'll get there. It's just frustrating having a Minfernal and Unborn Val'kyr sitting here un-Rare.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » June 6th, 2013, 2:12 pm

I dont know about you Guys but my droprate of stones have gone ape shit after the patch aswell. A good 1-5 random prepatch and now avg 1 a day. For 1-2 weeks now I've gathered up the 7 satchels from pandaria together with the 4 spirit bags, opening all 11 to see nothing. Then turn in the 3 bof quests and I get my daily stone from one of those each day, sometimes the 5 old bags aswell. It's pretty clear they copied LFR droprate template and Thus took the low droprate% over to pet supplies aswell, the progressively better chance, I can't see it - it might be in affect if you're supposed to get NO STONES and you then get 1, then its working perfectly. ><. Typical Company dick move, just like your IRL workplace, the Company announces changes based on X, when in fact they just want result Y, but a good fat lie covers it all up so unions can't do anything :S

Can people confirm they still get flawless stones from:
Pet supplies bags from 7 panda tamers
Pet supplies bags from 4 spirit tamers
Pet supplies bags from 3 bof books
Pet supplies bags from 5 old tamers

Just to lift my spirits :/

EDIT: One funny thing is thou, on the patch day (probably because its the first day of new lootsystem, so it has to reset internally), I got 5 stones, my guildmate got 6. Anyone experienced insane amount of stones on the patchday only?