Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us
First activity post patch?

Post by Dakaf » May 21st, 2013, 10:22 am

Just wondering what everyone will be doing post patch as their first pet related thing.

I will be opening the panda spirit bags that I got yesterday and remembered to not open. I think then I'll do the old raids (def Kara at least) and possibly work into ToT to try for the direhorn.

Good luck!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Re: First activity post patch?

Post by Dragonwizard » May 21st, 2013, 10:27 am

I plan on looking for a Unborn Val'kyr before there are a million people trying to do the same thing. I have a Undead stone just waiting for this spectacular looking pet and can't wait.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Dakaf
MVP

Post by Dakaf » May 21st, 2013, 10:45 am

I wonder if there is or will be an addon that will alert us to it like NPC scan does.
-pet collecting OCD

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » May 21st, 2013, 10:51 am

I've got my Druid parked in Northrend for instant flying mount searching for the Unborn Valkyr. I've got different toons parked at different dungeons as well!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Chrth
Pet Score:5078
BattleTag®:Chrth#1939
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Chrth » May 21st, 2013, 10:52 am

I got raid night! So I guess pet-related ... hoping Horridon drops his new pet :D
Quick and Dirty Primer to Raiding With Leashes II:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4129

Chess Event Strategy/Discussion:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4168

Apocalyptica
Pet Score:1863
BattleTag®:Apocalyptica#1388
Realm:Shu'halo-us

Post by Apocalyptica » May 21st, 2013, 12:10 pm

I think I will buzz around Northrend to see if I can find a Valk and if not I will head to the raids to try my luck with them and then head back to find a Valk. I don't have an undead stone yet sadly (these NEVER drop for me and I need/want this stone more than the others, go figure... lol) so I'm not super rushing to catch one but she has a space on one of my two undead teams waiting for her.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » May 21st, 2013, 12:25 pm

I like most will be looking for the Unborn little cutie. 3 alts park on 3 different servers. Since I only have 3 high level alts on 3 different servers I'm kinda stuck with that one. There will be lots of LFR's run for the new pets as well.

I will most likely also at least try to get a couple of PvP pet battles in a day. I am not really into the PvP pet battles but like most of you want the pet.

The longest day is going to have to wait for the weekend. Although I think I'll be pre-parking alts where it'll be close to where the quests and tamers are.

Happy Patch day and happy hunting to all. I can't wait to hear what people get today!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 21st, 2013, 1:08 pm

Chrth wrote:I got raid night! So I guess pet-related ... hoping Horridon drops his new pet :D
Ditto! Hopefully my guild sees more raid pet drops this time around. I would hope that a 25 man raid would have a higher pet droprate due to just being a large raid size, but we've only seen the Living Sandling drop twice and no other pet! :(
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » May 21st, 2013, 1:13 pm

I have 3 toons parked in NR in hopes of scooping up a Valkyr today. Then I'll do at least one round of BC raid pet farming. Going to skip pet battle dailies today so that I can go on a pet taming spree of a different sort - hunters get 55 pet slots! Then raid and hope for a mini-Horridon to drop.

Velgana
Top Rater
Pet Score:10666
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Velgana » May 21st, 2013, 1:36 pm

I think I'm going to go to Northrend and do a fly over each zone really quick to see if I can get lucky!

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » May 21st, 2013, 2:05 pm

I'll be making Northrend part of my "daily" routine until I catch one. Nice to be an engineer :) Wormhole Generator:Northrend

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » May 21st, 2013, 2:11 pm

Doobjanka wrote:I've got my Druid parked in Northrend for instant flying mount searching for the Unborn Valkyr. I've got different toons parked at different dungeons as well!
i was under the impression that it come only as second pet ?
am i wrong ?

Greenstar
MVP
Pet Score:13861
BattleTag®:Mattob#1633
Realm:Deathwing-us

Post by Greenstar » May 21st, 2013, 2:18 pm

I have about 30 spirit pet supply bags to open and then it's off to Karazhan. After that, I'll have to play it by ear especially since I expect people from the guild will want to form groups to do some of the new content.

Robotusch
Pet Score:10391
BattleTag®:Roboe#2913
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Robotusch » May 21st, 2013, 3:35 pm

GilroyKilroy wrote:I'll be making Northrend part of my "daily" routine until I catch one. Nice to be an engineer :) Wormhole Generator:Northrend
Equally nice to be an Argent Crusader :D

Celestya22
Top Rater
Pet Score:3256
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Celestya22 » May 21st, 2013, 5:29 pm

I spent over three hours flying around Northrend looking for an unborn val'kyr. No luck :(
I then opened the 60 pet bags I'd squirreled away for today hoping for better luck with the stones. Out of the 60 bags I got:

10 stones
12 mini pet biscuits
18 magic pet biscuits
51 pet bandages
+ tons of other vendor junk

So roughly a 1/6 chance on the stones from this small sampling. Although 3 of them were found in a row (no time to build up the 'bonus chance'). So again, not sure how accurate it may or may not be. I'm hoping others saved up as well so we can get a larger sample size to compare. :)

Dakaf
MVP

Post by Dakaf » May 21st, 2013, 10:44 pm

I ran Kara on everyone. I got 3/4 pets (no wolf), and got duplicates of a couple of them! Now to keep up that streak through the other raids!
-pet collecting OCD

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » May 21st, 2013, 11:06 pm

I've started working on my hydra baby, but the markers for the overturned caravans are slightly bugged (only show up once in a while) so ill finish tomorrow. Plan on doing pet raids with a friend and my sister tomorrow night, and of course hunting for a val'kyr!

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » May 22nd, 2013, 12:11 am

I'd intended to check out Northrend for the Val'kyr, but a friend signed on and told me about how easy a time he was having with the Barrens quests. He also pointed out that with all the people around, the commanders and caravans were not difficult. Then a second friend signed on and the three of us ran the scenarios then did the quests. Took somewhere between 2-3 hours, I'd guess, but I have my Gahz'rooki!

The thing's large. Hoping it's going to be a good battler. Breed 8, interesting mix of critter and aquatic abilities.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » May 22nd, 2013, 12:17 am

I completed the Longest Day Achievement... going to head to Northrend now to look for the Val'kyr.

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Ruzgofdi » May 22nd, 2013, 12:36 am

Ran the Leashes II dungeons. Couldn't get past Chess solo, and the only one that dropped their pet was Lady Vashj. Which was great, because I haven't been CCed that much since I gave up pvp. Now that I got her pet, the Lady can go do very unlady like things to herself for all I care.