Stormlash Bugged?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us
Stormlash Bugged?

Post by Tahsfenz » May 14th, 2013, 8:11 pm

I've been noticing whenever I am fighting Aki and Stormlash comes up, when I bring Stormlash below 25%, the dragon racial is procing on her. I thought that maybe I was being brought below 25% myself and the humanoid racial was bringing me back, but I had 700+ health on my Idol, so the little health that is healed can't possibly heal me enough for that to happen. Anyone else experience this?

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Re: Stormlash Bugged?

Post by Maizing » May 14th, 2013, 8:17 pm

Since the lightning counts as damage done by Stormlash, if that causes any damage, it counts towards the dragonkin racial... even if the damage is done to Stormlash itself.

I am guessing that you are using Stoneskin on your Idol instead of Sandstorm.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 14th, 2013, 8:21 pm

Maizing wrote:Since the lightning counts as damage done by Stormlash, if that causes any damage, it counts towards the dragonkin racial... even if the damage is done to Stormlash itself.
I feel a teeny bit bad for Stormlash. Hurting itself to proc the racial, poor dragon.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Tahsfenz
Top Rater

Post by Tahsfenz » May 14th, 2013, 8:26 pm

Maizing wrote:Since the lightning counts as damage done by Stormlash, if that causes any damage, it counts towards the dragonkin racial... even if the damage is done to Stormlash itself.

I am guessing that you are using Stoneskin on your Idol instead of Sandstorm.
Correct, I have been using stoneskin. So for argument's sake, if I put up the lightning storm, would that NOT proc for stormlash?

And Quint, maybe stormlash is the warlock of battle pets?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » May 15th, 2013, 7:44 am

Sandstorm is much better to use on anub versus aki. Takes a while to whittle down chirrup. But once reaching stormlash, pop deflection as first move to absorb call lightning, then it sandstorm on the turn after to null it. Then spam crush until stormlash is dead. The otter is usually the one that destroys anub, due to low health. But sandstorm does extra damage against the otter. Sometimes Anub have been able to solo the whole group and survive.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater

Post by Tahsfenz » May 15th, 2013, 1:27 pm

I'm not complaining about it. I'm much happier with the results of Stoneskin over Sandstorm. The fight goes much faster and usually the Idol can solo the whole thing. You just need to refresh Stoneskin with 1 round remaining to avoid extra damage. I just wanted to bring forth the thought that this may be a bug or if it was working as intended. I have no plants of switching back to Sandstorm since the extra damage everyone takes without it up is fantastic.