Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us
Multiple rare artifact pets?

Post by Dakaf » May 8th, 2013, 12:47 pm

Does anyone know if it is possible to get more than one solve of the crawling claw on the same toon? I arch a lot waiting for queues and am just wondering if it is worth hammering away at more Tol'vir ones.

Are any rare solves repeatable?

Thanks all!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Re: Multiple rare artifact pets?

Post by Dragonwizard » May 8th, 2013, 1:16 pm

No, rares are a one time only thing per toon. So an alts can get another one but thats it.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Clatong
Top Rater
Pet Score:3620
BattleTag®:clatong#1432
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Clatong » May 8th, 2013, 1:17 pm

Unless they changed things in 5.2, which I didn't see when I looked through the notes, you can only get each rare solve one time.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » May 10th, 2013, 10:32 am

I you get another toon to 90, it will be much easier to acquire an extra pet for trading purposes due to the fact that you can use crated fragments to get specific fragments for a faction, which means no dodging around Night Elf digsites in kalimdor if you want to get say the crawling claw again.

Abyl1
Pet Score:4019
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Abyl1 » May 10th, 2013, 2:40 pm

Is there an easier way to get archaeology to the level where it can be used in Pandaria? (thinking cooking changes). The one toon I have Cataclysm level maxed arch on is still sitting at 85. I've had no luck getting the claw, or mount, on him for quite a bit of effort and the new method in Pandaria sounds interesting and hopeful!

Not sure if leveling an existing 90's arch or leveling an 85-90 is going to be faster :)

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » May 11th, 2013, 3:13 pm

Abyl1 wrote:Is there an easier way to get archaeology to the level where it can be used in Pandaria? (thinking cooking changes). The one toon I have Cataclysm level maxed arch on is still sitting at 85. I've had no luck getting the claw, or mount, on him for quite a bit of effort and the new method in Pandaria sounds interesting and hopeful!

Not sure if leveling an existing 90's arch or leveling an 85-90 is going to be faster :)
an existing 90 will be easier, because you won't be able to fly on a lower level toon in pandaria. the quickest way to level archy up to pandaria level is to pick a continent and stay there, dont play musical continents with your disgites. kalimdor is a great spot, as you can try for the crawling claw as well, and Nelf sites are plentiful for easy skill ups.

Pocketimp
Top Rater
Pet Score:5016
BattleTag®:Pocketimp#1179
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Pocketimp » May 13th, 2013, 9:55 am

What if you bought/traded for a claw but never actually solved for one. Anyone know if you can still get the solve?

Clatong
Top Rater
Pet Score:3620
BattleTag®:clatong#1432
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Clatong » May 13th, 2013, 10:14 am

I had bought, then sold, two claws prior to getting the solve. I didn't have a claw in my pet journal at the time I got the solve, though i can't imagine that would have affected it.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » May 14th, 2013, 6:06 pm

Pocketimp wrote:What if you bought/traded for a claw but never actually solved for one. Anyone know if you can still get the solve?
Mostly all ready answered, but I thought I'd just add that possessing the claw in your pet journal is separate from having the solve in your archeology journal. You could have bought, learned, and caged dozens of claws and still find one via archeology as long as you'd never discovered it on that character before.

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » May 17th, 2013, 7:37 pm

I have 3 max level archy toons (90 toon/600 archy) and I can't buy a Claw solve to save my life LOL. A friend banked 200 crates, traded for Tol'vir, and he can't buy a mount solve LOL. I also have two lower level toons that do archy, and I can say the xp you get from digging is pretty fantastic, so theoretically, you could take that 85 toon, move to Kalimdor, and level to 90 there while digging. Personally, when I'm leveling via archy, I prefer to do it in Northrend or Outlands, simply because the continents are smaller and it's faster to get to them. But if the Claw is your goal, then Kalimdor is definitely your spot. (Neither of my lowbies have gotten to a level to proc Tol'vir digs yet)