MoP and Pets in the Bank

Share pet collecting news and advice.
JohnRoss1968
Pet Score:1943
Realm:Thunderlord-us
MoP and Pets in the Bank

Post by JohnRoss1968 » May 28th, 2012, 4:33 pm

I have been collecting Multiple pets for awhile now and putting them in my Guild Bank (My guilds name is Pet Mart) I am collecting 7 of each pet and have quite a few so far stashed away in the Guild bank and in Banker alt banks.
My Question is ....What will happen to pets that you have in the bank when MoP comes out???
Will they all disappear? Will all but 3 of each go *POOF*?
I have sent in a ticket with this question in game and so far have not had a response in 3 days (Going on 4).
Can anyone help with this???
Thanks in advance.

Plucky
Pet Score:2757
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Re: MoP and Pets in the Bank

Post by Plucky » May 28th, 2012, 10:57 pm

I assume since it's beta, things isn't set in stone, maybe you can cage up almost any pet now, but once Mists rolls out, chances are you can't box up pets that came from promotions, achievements and possibly pets from quests....even im not too sure about caged pets themselves....

....But being able to box up pets like Mr Chilly is strange....mostly because they're technically infinite as long as you make new characters and cage them up....

How do they work anyway, is it simply so you can transfer what pets are "main" pets to whatever character you send them to? does it retain the level (but not the current experience) of the pet, giving them potential value in training up common pets for people looking for shortcuts?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 28th, 2012, 11:51 pm

Blizzard hasn't made it clear what they plan on doing with extra companions stored away on various toons/banks once MoP is released.

At the moment on the beta, any already known pets (the actual items, not a caged version) cannot be learned by a toon that already knows the spell for it. This might change and shouldn't be seen as how pets will work in the final version, though.

So for example, I have two extra Toxic Wastelings and two Clockwork Rocket Bots on my main. She already has both pets in her collection so she cannot add those extra pets to the Pet Journal. An "already known" error pops up when I try. If, however, those extra pets were on alts that didn't know them, I'd be able to add a second (and possibly third) to my collection.

You can learn a second/third caged version, though. It's kind of weird like that, but that's to be expected since it's still the beta and a work in progress. :P
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dementron
Pet Score:9542
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Dementron » May 29th, 2012, 6:36 pm

If you're putting them in a guild bank, they must not me BoP. I see no reason at all why the original items for, say, Siamese Cat or Personal World Destroyer would disappear. They still exist in the beta. I highly doubt BoP pets would disappear either, though account-bound ones might become single-use and not show up on future alts.