Ethereal Soul-Trader for Me!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Ethereal Soul-Trader for Me!

Post by NathKnave » May 9th, 2013, 10:26 pm

Today one of my old-school friends appeared in my Battle-Tag friends list after several years of inactivity. A pretty good friend that got me into raiding back in the days of Karazhan. He has always been huge into games of all kinds, and was pretty into the WoW TCG during its first few expansions. He's always had a bunch of toys from the card game and spread the common ones around pretty liberally. I'll always remember him as one of the people that made pet collecting fun when I first started getting into it. He used to use the pet biscuits to make my mechanical yeti pretty big, which I would respond to by using my World Enlarger, blurring the line between who was who's pet.

So when he logged on today it was a pleasant surprise. He made it clear right away that he was on a 10 day pass and was only cleaning house in order to pass along what money and/or items he could to another friend of his, who still plays. Another of my friends soon logged on and squeed in delight seeing our old friend. She immediately started filling him in on a few of the changes to the game in the years since his absence, and it eventually got to pet battles. He was saying how this might be something he might give a try during his trial, "after all, I have this Ethereal Soul-Trader, and it's a pet."

Seeing this, I immediately joked "Can I have it?" His reply floored me: "I would, but it's soulbound." I believed him, his generosity is amazing. This was, after all, the same friend who gave me my Magic Rooster mount years ago for a paltry amount of in-game gold. I told him how he could cage it up and trade it, which came with the problem of it being greyed out for "health." I told him he'd probably have to follow the pet battle quest-line until he could heal his pets before he could cage any of them up.

At this point, I wasn't really sure if he'd go through with it just to give it away, but soon he whispered me saying he was outside the Stormwind bank waiting for me. He asked what his options might be with a rare pet. I told him honestly, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't. I told him that it would probably go for quite a lot of gold if he were to sell it on the AH, and that it still sells for sometimes up to $200 on ebay. Still he wanted to give it to me. I could hardly believe it.

Thank you Dahm! You're amazing and one of the most generous people I have ever met. It's unlikely he'll ever see this, but I just wanted to make sure I let others know how awesome he is.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Re: Ethereal Soul-Trader for Me!

Post by Dragonwizard » May 10th, 2013, 5:39 am

That is a really nice thing to do. I'm so glad that there are still people out there that are willing to do things just to make others happy. 8-)
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Abyl1
Pet Score:4019
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Ethereal Soul-Trader for Me!

Post by Abyl1 » May 10th, 2013, 2:37 pm

Great to hear those kinds of stories! Congratulations!