Low accuracy or just pet fail?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us
Low accuracy or just pet fail?

Post by Saasan » May 8th, 2013, 6:20 pm

I've been using Mana Surge on my Shimmering Wyrmling and it seems like the miss chance is VERY high. I always have at least one surge miss, usually two. Is anyone else experiencing this? Also, is there a way to look up the accuracy of a given move?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Low accuracy or just pet fail?

Post by Luciandk » May 8th, 2013, 6:29 pm

Mana Surge have 80% accuracy like Lift off, Burrow and Dive.

You can find skill accuracy on wowhead. But come 5.3 all skills will display their accuracy ingame.

Malibu12s
MVP
Pet Score:3491
BattleTag®:MaxVanquish#1244
Realm:Baelgun-us

Post by Malibu12s » May 8th, 2013, 6:34 pm

it repeatedly misses two out three all the time. It is really annoying that a three round ability almost ALWAYS misses once, and most likely misses twice. Once I missed with all three. The bird I was fighting used lift off on the first shot so I missed. He came down and hit me for like 600 then the other two mana surges also missed. So three rounds I did no damage and got killed due to 600+ hit from the lift off ability plus the damage it did to me on the other two rounds i missed. Really annoying. I don't use this pet unless I have to which is a shame because it is a cool pet.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » May 8th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Yeah, its quite unreliable. I used to like the Nexus Whelpling with power breed to use with arcane storm and mana surge. When the stars aligned it could barrage down an enemy pet like a knife through butter. But more often than not would miss an awful lot. So I migrated to Chrominius as my anti flyer. Sure he takes 2 turns to recover, but his nuke is a lot more reliable.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » May 9th, 2013, 2:44 am

Well, I'm glad my Wyrmling doesn't just innately suck (poor little guy). Looks like it's time to seek out at new magic pet. So sad! I think he's super cute and perfect for a belf. I really can't stand unreliable pets, and I mean c'mon! When you give up making choices on moves for three turns, you should at least *hit* the target!