Beasts of Fable Quest Gone from Quest Log

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Beasts of Fable Quest Gone from Quest Log

Post by NathKnave » April 30th, 2013, 10:41 pm

I was going through my usual daily routine today while simultaneously queuing for the raid finder. I came out of a raid to a nasty surprise: the Beasts of Fable quest had disappeared from my quest log. It was pretty disheartening, as I had 9 of the 10 already beaten. This had happened to me once before, but not nearly as bad as I had only beaten 2 or 3 that time. I had nearly resigned myself to hearthing back to my shrine and starting the quest completely over and flying the entire continent of Pandaria once again. Before I did that, I got the urge to do a quick search on the Blizzard forums to see if others have had the same issue and maybe find a cause. Lucky I did that, because I found a post where the OP had the exact same problem and logged out in disgust. The next time he logged in, the quest had miraculously re-appeared in his quest log with all of his progress restored. After a relog, there was the quest with just the one Beast of Fable left to defeat.

I figured I'd share my story here in case anyone has the same problem in the future. Don't despair.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Beasts of Fable Quest Gone from Quest Log

Post by Peanutty » April 30th, 2013, 11:10 pm

That happens to me frequently. The other thing I get is the quest showing the quest log, but when I beat a beast of fable it doesn't give me credit for completing it. A relog will fix that as well.

Relogging fixes a lot of things. :)

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » April 30th, 2013, 11:19 pm

Yeah I've had this happen a bit, though not recently. A relog usually fixes it. Every once in a while I may have to redo a battle, but nothing major.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » May 1st, 2013, 2:42 am

I have had this happen as well... both the quest vanishing from my quest journal and battles not counting towards completion of the quest. Fortunately, a quick relog has always fixed it when it has happened to me. It is an annoyance though.

Denverrunner
MVP
Pet Score:6503
BattleTag®:denverrunner#1152
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Denverrunner » May 1st, 2013, 6:41 am

This has happened to me twice this week. Each time I was half way through the Beasts of Fable Quest. I would defeat a beast and receive no credit, so I would and the quest and all of my defeats were gone from my quest log. Unfortunately, another relog did not restore the quest for me.

I submitted a ticket to bliz. The response was sorry this happened, but we have not record of this happening to anyone else. Hopefully, they fix this buggy quest chain soon!

Denverrunner
MVP
Pet Score:6503
BattleTag®:denverrunner#1152
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Denverrunner » May 1st, 2013, 7:36 am

It just happened to me again. I started the quest this morning and logged off WoW to get breakfast. When I logged back on the quest was gone from my quest log. I restarted WoW three times and it did not appear. I submitted a ticket to blizzard.

Darqueshadow
Pet Score:4512
BattleTag®:Darqueshadow#1132
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Darqueshadow » May 1st, 2013, 8:04 am

not certain if this is the exact cause of the problem, but I've had to make certain that none of my characters have have
(number of their quest) + (number of account wide quest) < 25
i logged on one day and had 26/25 quest

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » May 3rd, 2013, 12:38 pm

Peanutty wrote:The other thing I get is the quest showing the quest log, but when I beat a beast of fable it doesn't give me credit for completing it.)
This happens to me quite often. Usually seems to be Nitun that fails to give me credit when I beat him. One time I had to kill him 4-5 times to get it to register.

While we're on the subject of "fabled quest" bugs, does anyone else have the bug I get, where the animation for certain pet abilities gets stuck in a sort of loop? Happens to me mostly with Lucky Yi (the attack where he hops forward, hits you then hops back to his place) and Kafi (his multi-hit attack); when they do the attack in question, the animation loops or sticks, and they just hop in place indefinitely. Spinning the camera around and/or zooming in and out can sometimes unstick them, but other times I find I just have to wait for a minute or so for it to unstick. It's pretty annoying, as it adds a good couple of minutes to each of the battles in question, but if it doesn't happen to others I've yet to figure out what I'm doing that's causing it.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » May 3rd, 2013, 1:02 pm

Graven wrote:
Peanutty wrote:The other thing I get is the quest showing the quest log, but when I beat a beast of fable it doesn't give me credit for completing it.)
This happens to me quite often. Usually seems to be Nitun that fails to give me credit when I beat him. One time I had to kill him 4-5 times to get it to register.
It's been random for me - I've had wins not count on Skitterer Xia, Kafi, Nitun, Lucky Yi. The worst is when I fail to notice that I didn't get credit and then go on to not get credit on one or two more battles before realizing I have to go back and redo them.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » May 3rd, 2013, 1:08 pm

Yep, not noticing and flying away is indeed the suckiest. I've got into the habit of double checking before I mount up after each battle now.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245

Post by Gwenolyn » May 3rd, 2013, 3:02 pm

It's actually very consistent for me. Every time I do LFR while in the middle of Beasts of Fable, I have to log out and back in to get any new battles to register and/or the ones I've already done to show up. I'm sure Blizz is aware of this bug, but because relogging fixes it, not too high on the priority list I would imagine.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469

Post by NathKnave » May 3rd, 2013, 4:48 pm

Gwenolyn wrote:It's actually very consistent for me. Every time I do LFR while in the middle of Beasts of Fable, I have to log out and back in to get any new battles to register and/or the ones I've already done to show up. I'm sure Blizz is aware of this bug, but because relogging fixes it, not too high on the priority list I would imagine.
This is the exact experience I have with it. It was very frustrating at first, but now that I know how to "fix" it, it's merely very annoying. You'd think that with a 20 to 40 minute queue it would be a perfect time to run around doing pet battles, yet lately coming out of the raid finder just screws up everything I've been working on prior to going into the raid.

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » May 3rd, 2013, 9:04 pm

A friend noticed that it only happens to him when he is in LFR or BG queues. Sometimes relogging fixes it, sometimes not. When he can't get it to fix by relogging, it usually works OK on a different character.

I never paid attention to see if I'm in a queue when it happens.

Yodathehulk
Top Rater
Pet Score:3643
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Yodathehulk » May 4th, 2013, 5:33 pm

This has occured to me several times a week over the last several weeks since I got the quest. I had only beat the one in Valley so I never gave it much thought.

THings I have noticed though are the quest giver having the quest available for pickup again after already having it in my log. Not so much it disappearing. One thing I also have is the Horde's Tamer chain from Org still in my log, from when it was a constant pickup.
I have noticed that the Fable chain quest will temporarily "overwrite" the Kalimdor chain, showing me as having a double Fable quest (same text and all) in my log. A reset or log out will fix the quests for me.

To summarize:
  • -I have both the Kalimdor chain and the Fable chain in my log
    -Multiple times weekly, the Fable chain will show up on the questgiver as a yellow ! (like I don't have it in my log
    -Fable chain will replace the Kalimdor chain in my log making it appear as 2 Fable chains in my log

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245

Post by Gwenolyn » May 4th, 2013, 10:11 pm

Can you have it in your log twice if you get it on a Horde toon and an Alliance toon?? :o I like the idea of getting 2 bags for it :D

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » May 5th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Gwenolyn wrote:Can you have it in your log twice if you get it on a Horde toon and an Alliance toon?? :o I like the idea of getting 2 bags for it :D
I had this happen to me a while back, though I did not test to see if it would complete on both or if it was more cosmetic. I was freaking enough seeing that all my progress was gone.

Tria
Top Rater
Pet Score:13216
BattleTag®:Christina#1577
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us

Post by Tria » May 13th, 2013, 12:48 pm

Having issues with this questline as well. Have beaten a beast only to have it not register in the quest many times... usually I give up and l move onto something else for the day since Reload UI usually doesn't fix it. :(

Last night after completing the chain, I flew back to the shrine to turn it in for my precious bag... and a yellow exclamation mark over the quest giver greeted me rather than a glorious yellow question mark. I double-checked, triple-checked my quest log... checked my map... yep... I have a yellow question mark on the map and the log says "Complete". Reload UI, Reload UI, quit game, log back in... still the yellow exclamation mark stood mocking me. :cry:

Sooo, I accepted the quest again, and the quest reset. I stared at it for a minute, and then deleted the quest while scolding myself for playing WoW and logged off. :roll:

NOTE: Had been running RF during a couple of my battles. Had also accepted the quest the day before and beat about half of the NPCs.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » May 13th, 2013, 1:06 pm

I have had the same issue many times. I made the mistake of re-accepting the quest but won't do that again. For me logging off and then back on has brought my quest back into my log. And I've noticed at least for me it always happens after LFR.

Threnody
Pet Score:3078
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Threnody » May 19th, 2013, 1:59 am

This happened to me today. Grrr. I'm waiting on a GM response. I just want my bag :(