Share pet collecting news and advice.
Splintbane
Top Rater
Pet Score:527
Realm:Hyjal-us
BlizzCon 2013

Post by Splintbane » April 25th, 2013, 4:54 am

Someone help please explain:

I have never gone to a BlizzCon yet; for what i understand the last few BlizzCons tickets give you an in game pet? Do we know yet if the 2013 BlizzCon tickets give you a pet? Also do i actually have to go to the BlizzCon to get my pet code or is it scratched off on the tickets themselves? (in other words can I just buy a ticket and get my pet or do I actually have to go to the Convention)?

Rhannos
Pet Score:10359
Realm:Aszune-eu

Re: BlizzCon 2013

Post by Rhannos » April 25th, 2013, 5:09 am

For the previous BlizzCon's you would also get the pet if you bought access to the livestreams. I hope the same will be the case for the upcoming BlizzCon too :D .
Some time after the BlizzCon finished you would get the pet by ingame mail.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 25th, 2013, 5:44 am

There have been two ways to obtain the pet/mount from Blizzcon.

First way is the Virtual Pass, which means you can watch livestreams of the event at home. Once you've purchased the Blizzcon Virtual Pass, you'll be eligible for the pet.

Second way is to purchase a physical ticket. This one requires you to actually go to Blizzcon, claim your tickets and receive a goodie bag. Inside the bag you'll find a card that you can scratch off to reveal a code for your in-game pet.

There hasn't been an announcement of what this year's pet will be (or even if it will be a pet), and the sale for the livestream pass hasn't been announced yet either.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Farnzworth
Pet Score:3484
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Farnzworth » April 25th, 2013, 2:47 pm

on MMO Champ they have an added pet "Murkimus' Tyrannical Spear" and a murlock, my guess is bliz con pet for this year.

**Just saw its probably for the tourney. dissapointed

Ackbah
MVP
Pet Score:3209
BattleTag®:Ackbah#1648
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Ackbah » April 25th, 2013, 4:29 pm

I clicked the "Buy Now" button at exactly 7:00 PM PST...9997 in que...24 minutes later....still 6k+ in que...sold out.

No tickets for joo !!

Ack )

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » April 26th, 2013, 8:33 am

Yes, don't actually buy the physical ticket just to get the pet.

You can get the pet with the 'e-ticket' which is much cheaper, and doesn't require you to physically travel to California to recieve it!

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » April 26th, 2013, 4:21 pm

My husband got in q and was 642. We are going to Blizzcon! Yay!! But in the past, we just bought the direct tv version for the vanity item. It's cheaper, and doesn't require travel obviously, and you get whatever the item will be just the same.

WarcraftPet's meet and greet is the first thing I thought of though :ugeek:

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » April 27th, 2013, 10:15 am

I've always taken the livestream. Being on the other side of the world and un-inclined to visit the US means no BlizzCon's for me. Tbh, I've found the Livestream to be vastly improved over the years, gives you much more flexibility (especially if you can't take time off of work) and you've got the ability to pause/screenshot etc.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » April 28th, 2013, 2:57 am

Anyone know if this 'online ticket' has a maximum? I mean, do they only sell a fixed amount of these tickets?

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » April 28th, 2013, 7:14 am

As far as I'm aware, the livestream tickets are unlimited.

I suppose, theoretically, they'd be limited by maximum server load - but if they sell that many tickets, I'm sure they could afford to bring in a little extra horsepower for the event :P

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » April 28th, 2013, 5:39 pm

This'll be our (dad, sisters, friend, me) first blizzcon, so super excited! I'll definitely be checking out the warcraftpets meet & greet.

Edited for Typo (sue me... spell check was wrong!)
Last edited by Opallena on April 29th, 2013, 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » April 28th, 2013, 9:03 pm

Opallena wrote:This'll be our (dad, sisters, friend, me) first blizzcon, so super excited! I'll defiantly be checking out the warcraftpets meet & greet.
I love you typoing "definately" completely changed the meaning of your post xP

Cyntaria
Pet Score:13711
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Cyntaria » April 29th, 2013, 3:01 pm

You can actually get the pet "3" ways.

1) Buy a ticket and go to Blizzcon and get the unscratched redemption card in your goodie bag.

2) Buy the virtual ticket (live stream) and watch from home. There is no limit to the amount of virtual tickets sold, and I think you have something like 2 weeks to go back and watch any section of the con you are interested in.

3) Buy an unscratched ticket from someone that went to Blizzcon and has no interest in the pet. Or, someone like me that went to Blizzcon the last 2 times (2010 and 2011), and is going again this year but also buys the virtual live stream to watch when I get home because you can't possibly attend all the panels and discussions during the con. I miss so much and it's nice to go back and watch at my leisure. I end up with 2 pets - 1 unscratched card from my goodie bag and one in my game mailbox from the virtual ticket. I've never sold my extra pet. We've used them as prizes for guild events and fun.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » May 1st, 2013, 1:44 pm

Living in England makes attending Blizzcon near on impossible for me (unless I win the lotto or somesuch :roll: ) so I've consoled myself with the virtual ticket ever since they've been availible, it's great being able to watch it all (and get the pet!).
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » May 1st, 2013, 2:56 pm

I have used the virtual pass since they started it and have enjoyed. I just wish they would archive it longer :?
But, yes I got the pets in the mail once it was all said and done and was well pleased with the overall experience. The stream had plenty of bandwidth so it was a smooth feed through the whole process and being able to hop into different venues whenever you wanted is a nice bonus without having to wait in line..

But, I was hoping to be able to GO this year, but alas our job market was not kind enough to me for me to be able to afford that this year.. maybe next year..

For those folks that got tickets, that is AWESOME!!!! I hope you have a GREAT time :D

Be sure to post some pics for us! ;)