Pet Collecting Title!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Pet Collecting Title!

Post by Quintessence » May 10th, 2012, 5:06 am

Time To Open a Pet Store: Earn 335 pet battle achievement points.
New reward: Title Reward: Tamer

From [url=http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=203353/mists-of-pandaria-build-15677-new-items-and-more#.]Wowhead News[/url]
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: Pet Collecting Title!

Post by Lysi » May 10th, 2012, 12:53 pm

Thanks for the info. I see they show it like "Tamer Lysi" on Wowhead. It's not the worst title--I've never seen anyone use Matron or Patron, for example. But it is a pretty awkward title. It's like they wanted to say Lion Tamer, doesn't really come off the same way without the Lion, lol.

And of course it's for pet battles. I'd rather see a meta achieve with a title for various pet achievements, some of them quirky not just X number of pets, including some for the old fashioned kind of pet collecting (maybe a couple particular pets you get an unusual way), and also for pet battles but not just X number, maybe battle one pet of each kind listed below, or so many pets on each continent or something.. You know, have fun with it.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 10th, 2012, 2:06 pm

I think it would sound less odd if they switched the ordering of the title. Instead of "Tamer Quintessence", "Quintessence the Tamer" has a better ring to it. The former could be misread and make it sound as if Quintessence was untamed prior to being "tamer" lol.

Then again, changing it would make it somewhat less unique, since there are already a lot of "Quintessence the Blank" types of titles.

Either way, I guess I'm just glad that this is sort of a nod in the pet collecting direction that yea, pets are kinda sorta awesome and so are the people that collect them. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Diva
Top Rater
Pet Score:8034
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Diva » May 10th, 2012, 3:23 pm

Actually, I rock the Matron title on my main collector. I always wanted a Zookeeper title, but Matron was the next best thing since in a way i've adopted all of my pets, even humanoids. So yea.

I agree, Karmä the Tamer would sound better than Tamer Karmä. So I probably won't be using the Tamer title myself.

However, I'd totally rock a Zookeeper title. They could reward it as a meta or something for getting both the top tier regular pets collected, and the top tier of the wild battle pets collected both or something. xD Just saying...

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » May 10th, 2012, 4:27 pm

Diva wrote:Actually, I rock the Matron title on my main collector. I always wanted a Zookeeper title, but Matron was the next best thing since in a way i've adopted all of my pets, even humanoids. So yea.

I agree, Karmä the Tamer would sound better than Tamer Karmä. So I probably won't be using the Tamer title myself.

However, I'd totally rock a Zookeeper title. They could reward it as a meta or something for getting both the top tier regular pets collected, and the top tier of the wild battle pets collected both or something. xD Just saying...
I stand corrected! I guess Matron just sounds old to me, and I think of my characters as young. I can be an old lady in real life (in fact there's no way for me to avoid it, lol). But if it feels good for you, more power to ya!

Zookeeper would be better than Tamer, but I'd still prefer something more creative.. Critter Whisperer? Really I have to try to get Camel-Hoarder, I think that title's hilarious...
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » May 10th, 2012, 7:21 pm

Lysi wrote:Zookeeper would be better than Tamer, but I'd still prefer something more creative.. Critter Whisperer? Really I have to try to get Camel-Hoarder, I think that title's hilarious...
There must always be a Camel-Horder! :lol:

Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Nursie » May 11th, 2012, 2:42 am

was really hoping for some smart callback to pokemon in the title like "Pet Master" perhaps we can get that from the battle meta achievement :).

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » May 12th, 2012, 3:08 pm

Just seen the Twitter update that it's been changed to Zookeeper ^^

I like this one better =P Zookeeper Jadax.

Nursie

Post by Nursie » May 12th, 2012, 4:31 pm

looks like blizzard has been listening to us! O.o

the link:
[url]http://www.wowdb.com/achievements/6600-time-to-open-a-pet-store#15677-15689[/url]

Crissx
MVP
Pet Score:2497
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Crissx » May 13th, 2012, 4:54 am

I want "The Zookeeper" title. The tamer is weird.....

Diva
Top Rater
Pet Score:8034
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Diva » May 13th, 2012, 11:26 am

I've been sick the last few days, so I just now saw the change in title. xD Glad to know someone from blizzard actually takes into account what we think. -giggle- :) made this sick girl feel pretty good for now. ^-^

Nursie

Post by Nursie » May 13th, 2012, 3:39 pm

Crissx wrote:I want "The Zookeeper" title. The tamer is weird.....
they changed it from tamer to zookeeper, that's what the last few posts have been about :)

Crissx
MVP
Pet Score:2497
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Crissx » May 13th, 2012, 3:45 pm

Lawl, I just realized that now. GG me.

I can't wait to be Crissx the Zookeeper!

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » May 13th, 2012, 5:07 pm

The achievement text just says "Zookeeper", so it'll still be before the username.
I think "the Zookeeper" might be better though.