Not everyone's a winner

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us
Not everyone's a winner

Post by Imthedci » May 11th, 2012, 9:05 pm

I've noticed that with the new patch today (5/11) that not every member of any specific type of critter can be captured and/or captured...

(i.e. I was in Stormwind, surrounded by 5 or 6 Stormwind Rats, but only one of them was showing up as tameable on the minimap)

Is that just me seeing things weirdly or is it something everyone can see?

Serraphina
Top Rater
Pet Score:2407
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Re: Not everyone's a winner

Post by Serraphina » May 11th, 2012, 9:11 pm

I've noticed that too! Lots of roaches around Undercity but only one I've found you can battle with.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 11th, 2012, 10:25 pm

My guess is that Blizzard is playing around with the idea of randomness of wild pets and the "quality" types.

Either that or we're not really meant to capture all the wild pets that were recently re-added to the pet journal, and that change was merely to throw us off the premature search/hunt for new capturable pets. :P
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Nursie » May 12th, 2012, 3:19 am

I think blizzard wants to keep some critters around the world :P if we could capture them all stormwind etc. would be critterless! and we don't want that.

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » May 12th, 2012, 12:42 pm

Yeah, think of all the mobs that would die from starvation (or at least boredom) if there weren't any critters to stalk and kill... :mrgreen:

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » May 12th, 2012, 3:46 pm

Imthedci wrote:Yeah, think of all the mobs that would die from starvation (or at least boredom) if there weren't any critters to stalk and kill... :mrgreen:
True, but then someone needs to tell the mobs to stop picking on the ONE critter that happens to be capturable! XD
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Nursie » May 12th, 2012, 4:33 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Imthedci wrote:Yeah, think of all the mobs that would die from starvation (or at least boredom) if there weren't any critters to stalk and kill... :mrgreen:
True, but then someone needs to tell the mobs to stop picking on the ONE critter that happens to be capturable! XD
hopefully they tag capturable/battle critters different so the mobs won't kill them and only the critters we can't catch/battle with get owned by mobs :P

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » May 12th, 2012, 4:45 pm

Evilgnomey wrote:
Quintessence wrote:
hopefully they tag capturable/battle critters different so the mobs won't kill them and only the critters we can't catch/battle with get owned by mobs :P
Agreed. On top of that, hopefully tagging them as special critters will also make them non-attackable by players too. Last I checked, players that didn't have pet battles trained could go up and kill any and all capturable pets. If that doesn't change, there might be some pet griefing in MoP. :(

Gaijin
Pet Score:9380
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Gaijin » May 13th, 2012, 7:30 am

Quintessence wrote:
Agreed. On top of that, hopefully tagging them as special critters will also make them non-attackable by players too. Last I checked, players that didn't have pet battles trained could go up and kill any and all capturable pets. If that doesn't change, there might be some pet griefing in MoP. :(
I hope so too, its so simple, they could just put it friendly, so no one could atack it. easy breezy. because ppl dont stop to kill pets because they have diferent tag, some does not even notice that using some area skill while is doing that guild achievement to kill a lot of critters

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » May 13th, 2012, 3:53 pm

I hope Blizzard makes it so everyone can be happy, you don't want griefers or a conflict with achievements like Critter Kill Squad and Pest Control.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…