Share pet collecting news and advice.
Roarey
MVP
Pet Score:12979
BattleTag®:Roarey#1820
Realm:Uldaman-us
guidance about upgrading

Post by Roarey » April 24th, 2013, 9:56 am

Looking for opinions on which of my pets to upgrade with my 3 Flawless Battlestones, or should I wait to use them when I am on my final few pets needing upgrades? Soooo hard to wait :/

Thanks for any opinions :)

Roguekittiekat
Pet Score:6899
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Re: guidance about upgrading

Post by Roguekittiekat » April 24th, 2013, 10:09 am

I personally banked my stones and I am holding on to them to the very end.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » April 24th, 2013, 10:33 am

Personally I would save them until the end. Those last few stones can be a killer. But if you have to use them I would use them on uncommon only pets and even those I would do either beast or flying as they are the most common ones that pretty much everybody is looking for and are the hardest to find whether trading for or get as drops.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Roarey
MVP
Pet Score:12979
BattleTag®:Roarey#1820

Post by Roarey » April 24th, 2013, 10:53 am

Thank you...I guess I need to harden my heart and pretend they do not exist. I am at the point where I need only beast, flying and critter (some are tradeable, so non-pet fanatic friends are still helping to stone them for me too :)

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » April 24th, 2013, 9:25 pm

I send all those stones to one alt and stick them in his bank and try to forget I have them. There's just sooo many pets to upgrade and I know I will want to have at least 5 or so stones in reserve even after I've upgraded all my pets in case they add more new pets.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 24th, 2013, 10:07 pm

My feelings on BoE stones is that they're great trade fodder :) though I did use one or two myself. Like many others I don't like using stones on wild pets because I know I can catch a rare with effort, however the exception is the super difficult to find pets like Minfernal and Scourged Whelp. I had no regrets using my very first BoE stone to upgrade my poor Minfernal which was worth it, as I did not get my first magic stone for a very long time.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » April 24th, 2013, 10:51 pm

I use them for trade fodder. Might consider using them on my pets too, but haven't found anything yet that I felt was worth it. Maybe when my collection is complete.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398

Post by GormanGhaste » April 25th, 2013, 8:54 am

I might use one on a Qiraji Guardling, if I have too difficult of a time finding a rare.
Mingyao on Madoran

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » April 25th, 2013, 11:07 am

i've used one or two when building my daily tamer teams, to get them as fast as possible.

now i'll just store a few of them... that is if i ever see one again :/

Raptorbait

Post by Raptorbait » April 26th, 2013, 6:31 pm

I use them on non-cagable non-wild pets first. Then maybe just flying or the very rare wilds like Minfernal.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » April 28th, 2013, 10:24 am

With the news coming that in 5.4 there will be some sort of trading stone system thingy, I'm of the opinion to trade stones now for pets I need. Just my opinion. Also, I can be very patient... sometimes :)

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » April 28th, 2013, 11:58 am

GormanGhaste wrote:I might use one on a Qiraji Guardling, if I have too difficult of a time finding a rare.
I currently have 18 humanoid battle stones myself... once summer comes, I will be hunting for the perfect breed and won't bother to go out of my way to capture a rare.