Ek or Kalimdor Tamer quest line requires Mists xpac

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us
Ek or Kalimdor Tamer quest line requires Mists xpac

Post by Talmar » April 24th, 2013, 7:27 pm

I hadn't seen this posted anywhere or I just missed it but apparently you cannot do any of the Pet Tamer quests at all if you do not own the Mists expansion.

You can't even do the EK or Kalimdor Tamer quests w/o Mists.

My wife just setup an account so she and my daughter could do pet battles against each other. She's actually leveled her character some so she could tame other pets to use and I asked her if she had done the tamer quests yet and she said no. After submitting a ticket twice I finally got this response...
Hey there! =)

I am Game Master Xyrnath, and first of all I wanted to thank you for contacting us! Sorry for the wait times I got my hammer out beating up the queue monster as best I can but some dps just wiped so it may take me a bit to kill it.

I see from your petition that there is an issue picking up the pet tamer quests. It appears that we may have overlooked something previously. In order to do the pet tamer quests the account needs to be upgraded to Mists of Pandaria as those quests are a feature of that expansion. Since this account does not have that expansion characters on this account won't be able to do the quests. Sorry for any confusion that caused.

I hope that this resolves any questions or concerns that you had. Have a wonderful day!

Game Master Xyrnath
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
http://battle.net/support
I was kind of bummed as she can do all the pet stuff but can't do the quests even for the expansions she's purchased. The Battle Chest comes with Vanilla, BC and Wrath and I would think I could at least do the tamer quests for those expansions.

Apparently not. :(

Just thought I'd share.

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Re: Ek or Kalimdor Tamer quest line requires Mists xpac

Post by Cat666 » April 25th, 2013, 10:12 am

This was changed then.

Amazon were incredibly slow to ship my copy of Mists so I was forced to experience the Panda starting zone on a shaman then started pet battling. I only managed to do 2 of the quests before the game arrived, but I was able to do them. I recall spending ages trying to get the first one in Durotar down as everyone was stood there and it kept erroring out saying there was too many people.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » April 25th, 2013, 10:25 am

I was also able to do all of the quests from vanilla to cataclysm before I actually got mists. I even got the quests to battle the mists tamers before I got it. There were a couple of achievements I was unable to get that I should have been able to (apparently neither Northern Stranglethorn nor the Cape of Sranglethorn count as zones for the achievement where you win pet battles in 60 zones) but I was able to do all the quests. I do know, though, that some people have reported being unable to get any dailies without mists... even in the old world.

I think you just got a GM who didn't know what he/she was talking about. That happens sometimes. I once got one who told me that fish pools were just a visual affect.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » April 25th, 2013, 11:51 am

I've seen a reply on the Blizz forums from someone who says he only has the Battlechest and was able to do all the precata tamer quests as well.

Guess I'm opening a 3rd ticket. :(