Spreadsheet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Meemo
Pet Score:8231
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu
Spreadsheet

Post by Meemo » April 24th, 2013, 9:23 am

I really want a spreadsheet with all the Battle Pets and which area you can catch them in (or the lowest level area) Is there such a thing? I can get a list of my pets off petsear.ch do a vlookup so I know which ones I need and then sort by area.

At the moment I'm having to look at a list of pets for the area I'm in and then check what I've got... any ideas?

Dawayn
MVP
Pet Score:4305
BattleTag®:Dawayn#2413
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Re: Spreadsheet

Post by Dawayn » April 24th, 2013, 9:27 am

I don't know about any spreadsheet, but why don't you use the Pets by Zone function here on this website?
You can find it under Tools.
The pets you filter that way also show all the other zones you can find them in.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » April 24th, 2013, 9:34 am

Mingyao on Madoran

Meemo

Post by Meemo » April 24th, 2013, 10:08 am

Dawayn wrote:I don't know about any spreadsheet, but why don't you use the Pets by Zone function here on this website?
The pets you filter that way also show all the other zones you can find them in.
but that doesn't tell me which ones I need... I want a list of pets I still need to catch by zone - not all pets in a zone.

Meemo

Post by Meemo » April 24th, 2013, 10:14 am

GormanGhaste wrote:I used this back in 5.0:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... preadsheet
Perfik!! *goes off to excel heaven with VLOOKUPs, filters and macros!*

if anyone is interested and has Office 2010 let me know and I'll post some instructions on how to do this with your own list (assuming it works how I expect it!)

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » April 24th, 2013, 10:38 am

You could also use the addon petjournal enhanced and just choose the option to filter pets by current zone and just start flying in the low level zones and work your way up. Personally I would start with the higher level zones cause it's better to get a level 23 frog then a level 2 frog if you know what I mean.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Meemo

Post by Meemo » April 24th, 2013, 4:47 pm

Meemo wrote:
Dawayn wrote:I don't know about any spreadsheet, but why don't you use the Pets by Zone function here on this website?
but that doesn't tell me which ones I need... I want a list of pets I still need to catch by zone - not all pets in a zone.
apologies Dawayn, I didn't realise i could filter this!! have everything I need now - thanks guys :mrgreen:

Kayfabe
Pet Score:2197
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Kayfabe » April 25th, 2013, 12:43 am

This website really does tend to fill the roles I need instead of a spreadsheet for the most part...