even more new pets! Summit Kid/Tundra penguin.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us
even more new pets! Summit Kid/Tundra penguin.

Post by Nursie » May 10th, 2012, 8:17 pm

looks like the latest beta patch added even more new pets to the game, along with other updates to the system.

The most notable new pets are these, most the others are reused/placeholder models:

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: even more new pets! Summit Kid/Tundra penguin.

Post by Quintessence » May 10th, 2012, 8:23 pm

Finally, Tundra Penguins! I've been longing for these critters to become true pets ever since I first came across them in WotLK. Mr. Chilly and Pengu are cute, but these penguins are charming in their own way too. :D
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Nursie

Post by Nursie » May 10th, 2012, 8:32 pm

should also note that all wild pets are showing up as capturable from what i can see, which explains why so many pets got re-added to the journal and a fair few have 3+ zones they can be captured.

Kaiyou
Top Rater
Pet Score:2289
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Kaiyou » May 10th, 2012, 10:03 pm

I'm looking forward to that new penguin :D. It's so cute!

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » May 11th, 2012, 12:17 pm

I've always wanted that penguin, and the kid looks adorable, too! Thing is, I don't know if I could stand seeing cute stuff like this die in the pet battles. So I don't know if I'll be doing battles, which means I wouldn't be getting any of the pets (maybe the ability to buy them off the AH will save me?!)
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Nursie

Post by Nursie » May 11th, 2012, 5:17 pm

Lysi wrote:I've always wanted that penguin, and the kid looks adorable, too! Thing is, I don't know if I could stand seeing cute stuff like this die in the pet battles. So I don't know if I'll be doing battles, which means I wouldn't be getting any of the pets (maybe the ability to buy them off the AH will save me?!)
you only need to get them to below 35% health to capture them so you don't need to kill any and yes there's always the AH too :P

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » May 12th, 2012, 12:00 pm

Evilgnomey wrote:you only need to get them to below 35% health to capture them so you don't need to kill any and yes there's always the AH too :P
Thank you for the info. I'm disheartened by the fact "healing" is such a big deal, though, makes it hard to pretend they aren't being hurt. I was hoping for a set up like a duel, even though the health bar goes down it's understood no one really gets hurt. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I can live with the final implementation, when it comes out. Thanks again!

Dementron
Pet Score:9542
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Dementron » May 12th, 2012, 6:48 pm

Lysi wrote: Thank you for the info. I'm disheartened by the fact "healing" is such a big deal, though, makes it hard to pretend they aren't being hurt.
I am bound and determined to not let this stop me. As far as I'm concerned, no matter what terminology is used, it's like Pokemon and the critters all just faint, because I'll be damned if I'm going to run around killing bunnies and squirrels.

*Covers ears* "LALALALA I'm not listening!"

I figure it's pixels on a screen, they'll all respawn in a few minutes anyway, so I can interpret it differently if I really want to. But yeah, Blizzard is making it kind of hard. :(

(Please don't read this as sarcasm, I really am sympathizing with you here.)

I think I'm going to check the Beta forums. If there isn't already a topic on "can we please not kill our pets", I think I'm going to make one.

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » May 13th, 2012, 12:02 am

Yes, Dementron, I like pet collecting as a break from constantly killing stuff, lol. They said the pet battles would be "just for fun" and they wouldn't keep track of losses, honestly, I don't care how many losses I rack up, you don't need to hide the number--I just don't want to kill any cute little critters! My husband teases me, since it's called World of Warcraft after all. (Hubby has been killing foxes as his Grisly Trophies, and he got the kit today. I love the pet but I just can't bring myself to kill the foxes.) I really joined WoW for the stability, the fact the game is too big to go away (there was a pet game I used to play that died). I try to adapt what's available to my needs. So, yeah, I'm still hoping they will change it to pet dueling instead of pet battling!