Weather Issues

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tatra
Pet Score:4589
Realm:Hellscream-us
Weather Issues

Post by Tatra » April 21st, 2013, 11:10 am

I'm just wondering if it is my bad luck or if there is something going on in the game. So far in regular battles i have used weather and its like the other team compleatly ignores it and the team doesnt even have an elemental on it. i have noticed in pve battles this a lot as well as in some pvp battles. Did weather get a giant nerf or is it just me?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Weather Issues

Post by Luciandk » April 21st, 2013, 2:40 pm

Might help if you said what weather you used.

Tatra
Pet Score:4589
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Tatra » April 21st, 2013, 6:17 pm

darkness, sandstorm, all of them. i do know that darkness has been lowered by turns but with that blinded still giving pets a chance to miss i have had it where ever pet on the opposite team non elementals have hit with out being penalized. also with sandstorm accuracy its almost like it increases instead of decreasing.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » April 21st, 2013, 6:37 pm

Both sandstorm and darkness imposes a 10% chance to miss. The blinded condition from darkness. imposes a further 50% chance to miss.

If the pet are elemental, then it completely ignores weather effects. Both beneficial and negative ones.

Duroxas
Top Rater
Pet Score:6333
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Duroxas » April 22nd, 2013, 3:15 am

It's not just those weathers; Ive been having issues with Arcane Storms

The effects of the weather SHOULD mean that pets are unable to be stunned or rooted, correct? Non elemental pets of course. Well, I'm still getting stunned by Kun-lai runts and Pandaren Earth Spirits, regardless of if the weather is up. I've even taken screenshots of the scenarios.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » April 22nd, 2013, 6:21 am

A lot of people have reported issues with Arcane Storm. But 5.3 lists this:

Fixed an issue where pet abilities that had a chance to stun were not working correctly.

Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Formerruling » April 22nd, 2013, 10:01 am

Luciandk wrote:A lot of people have reported issues with Arcane Storm. But 5.3 lists this:

Fixed an issue where pet abilities that had a chance to stun were not working correctly.
I think that is talking about like the Kun-Lai Runt I'd like someone to report on this from the PTR - His stun has been reported to stun Critters (bypassing their racial).

Though I agree I've never had Arcane Storm actually do anything....like...at all. It doesn't appear to stop roots/stuns, it doesn't increase the damage from Mana Surge...nothing.

Warlock
Top Rater
Pet Score:4667
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Warlock » April 22nd, 2013, 12:04 pm

I always had an issue with the Raven where the one ability that had "100% chance to hit if the target is blinded" would still flat out miss most of the time with Darkness active.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » April 22nd, 2013, 12:38 pm

Blue response here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197913280?page=2#25

Stun issues (e.g. Deep Freeze and the Monk) should be fixed in 5.3.

Scaling issues (e.g. Sentry) require an art fix which typically also requires a patch, but we're working on them now and thanks for the report!

If you're still experiencing issues with Lightning Storm, we'd really appreciate any and all details you can possibly share.