Looking for some input on a battle team

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Mrhoodoo
Pet Score:2693
Realm:Exodar-us
Looking for some input on a battle team

Post by Mrhoodoo » April 21st, 2013, 5:02 pm

Hi guys, I've been working with a Petcrafter here on exodar lately trying to find the missing piece to my pet team. We've gone back and forth and I'll explain why, but i haven't been able to make a final decision for synergy.

The current pets that I've set in place are:

Sunreaver Micro-sentry (P/P)
T1 - Fel Immolate
T2 - Haywire
T3 - Call Lightning

Son of Animus (P/P)
T1 - Batter
T2 - Touch of Animus (undecided)
T3 - Extra Plating

Now we've gone back and forth about using a Zandalari Kneebiter (P/P) as the focal damager pet, due to Black Claw + Hunting Party and to counter elemental completely trashing my mechs, and Emperor Crab (P/P) also for the counter.

I feel that the raptor takes far too much damage from the call lightning, and it isn't completely countered by combining touch of animus + Black cla + Hunting party.

So basically, i'm torn between shifting to having the Animus as the focal powerhouse hitter and grabbing a support pet like Magical Crawdad, or finding a different focal powerhouse like Living Sandling.

Any ideas :D

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Looking for some input on a battle team

Post by Luciandk » April 21st, 2013, 5:24 pm

I think it would be better to ditch the Sunreaver microsentry. The haywire ability is beast damage and thusly not empowered by Call Lightning's bonus to mech damage. Id suggest Tranquil Mechanical Yeti instead. Whom have a much better ability set that like the animus would match superbly with a third pet using dazzling dance. Especially if you want to rely on a call lightning empowered batter for them.

Son of Animus is good. But if you want to go with the Batter and Touch of the Animus selections, id strongly recommend having a pet with Dazzling Dance to give a 25% speedbuff to your team for 9 rounds. The Animus is slow, only 260 speed. But with Dazzling Dance, it rises to 325 speed which is much more respectable. Batter only gives extra hits when you are faster than your target. But it synergizes QUITE well with Touch of the Animus, since it heals more for the more hits you can make.

Mrhoodoo
Pet Score:2693
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Mrhoodoo » April 22nd, 2013, 2:25 am

Touche salesman... that comp would be brilliant. The Tranq. yeti makes a nice semi-tanky pet to withstand some damage. and something like an Alpine foxling will get both Howl (for shits and giggles because i couldn't imagine a ToA + Howl + CL heal, and as a Pure speed breed he's at about 325 speed base.

Thank you for the input btw Lucian

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » April 22nd, 2013, 4:26 am

Actually I would say the animus is more tanky, due to having extra plating and touch of the animus/siphon anima. The yeti is more of a damager with the combo of Call Lightning + Supercharge.

Also, Touch of the Animus only lasts two turns. So it will be mainly the Animus itself that benefits from it with Batter.

The priority of pets would be: Alpine Foxling/Tranquil Mechanical Yeti/Son of Animus. First buff the team with dazling dance, swap to Yeti. Cast supercharge, then call lightning and begin to use batter. When the yeti begins to get low. Make sure you get another cast of Call Lightning. Then swap back to the alpine foxling, whom can enjoy a call lightning buffed Flurry together with Howl.

And Finally when that one is getting near death, make sure Dazz is rebuffed. And if Call Lightning needs rebuff, swap to yeti again, let it die. Then finally go to the animus and pop extra plating, touch of the animus and spam batter until you die or have won the fight.

Edit: Tested it - The combo works quite well as long you can keep up the buffs. But if they go down, you are hosed. Especially the speedbuff which so much hinges on. Might be better to have Crouch as the second Artic Foxling ability, since its so crucial to survive to keep reapplying the buff when needed. At least both 9 turn buffs are less annoying to maintain than the Uncanny Luck/Lucky Dance buffs that only lasts 4 turns.