Pets with possible timers or special requirements

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us
Pets with possible timers or special requirements

Post by Doobjanka » May 8th, 2012, 7:45 am

As far as I know, no one has found the Silithid Hatchling in Tanaris or the Qiraji Guardling in Silithus. Any other pets with a location listed that haven't been found yet? Does anyone know Tanaris or Silithus well enough to know if there are special weather patterns out there? From what I recall, no, but I spent most of my time out there doing archaeology.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Duerma
Pet Score:6468
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Re: Pets with possible timers or special requirements

Post by Duerma » May 8th, 2012, 11:29 am

I think both of those zones may have sandstorms?

I have not found the flayer hatchling in Hellfire Peninsula, and I flew all over the zone. I have not found the baby ape in the Cape of Stranglethorn (should spend more time there though).

I've also had trouble with the widow hatchling in Duskwood. I know uyou all found one but I've been up and down the zone mid-day and NOTHING.
Last edited by Duerma on May 8th, 2012, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » May 8th, 2012, 1:06 pm

I do remember someone posting a pic of the Silithid Hatchling a while back, as when I couldn't find it in Tanaris, I studied the pic to try to figure out exactly where it was taken.

And as Duerma says, there are sandstorms in Tanaris. Or maybe its spawn is time-dependent?
Mingyao on Madoran

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 8th, 2012, 3:29 pm

For the Qiraji Hatchling, I waited in Silithus (at the front of the AQ wall) for most of the evening. Nothing. I wasn't present for any of the dust storms, but I'm also guessing that a weather condition might have something to do with their spawning. It's just a shame that the storms aren't a bit more predictable (at least not yet). Hopefully someone will catch a dust storm in action and see these two spawn!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Post by Guest » May 8th, 2012, 7:14 pm

I took the Silithid Hatchling pic, found them in both of the Silithid areas in Tanaris (Noxious Lair, Gaping Chasm.) I can't remember what the weather was like, but I'm guessing it and the Guardling spawn during a Sandstorm.
Duerma wrote: I have not found the flayer hatchling in Hellfire Peninsula, and I flew all over the zone. I have not found the baby ape in the Cape of Stranglethorn (should spend more time there though).
Apparently the Flayers can be found on Razorthorn Rise, which is technically in Terokkar. The Apes spawn on Jaguero Isle when it rains.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » May 15th, 2012, 10:55 am

Found the Silithid Hatchling, as you can see from the pictures, at the Gaping Chasm in Tanaris around 0830 server time, during a sandstorm:
Mingyao on Madoran

Post by Guest » May 15th, 2012, 10:23 pm

Awesome, thanks for confirming!