Crawdad/heal team

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Shandu
Pet Score:1313
Realm:Saurfang-eu
Crawdad/heal team

Post by Shandu » April 3rd, 2013, 2:13 am

So I just got my Crawdad and Air spirit up to 25 and threw my Idol in there for a random pvp match, keeping the Air spirit alive with his heal, and wish, whilst aoeing down the enemy with cyclone/wild winds is awesome, but I was wondering if there's a better 3rd pet to add to this team.

I added the idol just because it has high survivability, and quite high damage/utility with a weather effect and rupture, but wondering what other people tend to use in these kinds of teams.

Cheers.

Rbertra
Pet Score:1579
BattleTag®:RaginCajun#1564
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Re: Crawdad/heal team

Post by Rbertra » April 8th, 2013, 6:13 pm

Not sure if this one fits in with your team or not but the Spawn of Onyxia has a self heal move and a two other moves with decent damage. I usually start off with him and watch the fireworks.

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » April 9th, 2013, 3:59 am

Why would you add the Idol, its weather is a direct counter to your tactic?

If anything I would take a Lightning Storm Pet (since any Idol in an enemy team seriously hurts your tactic)

PS: the Broom totally destroys your team ;)

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » April 9th, 2013, 8:52 am

Not having a Pet with a weather change can come back to bite you if you face a Darkness team.

Kaijjiam
Pet Score:1817
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Kaijjiam » April 9th, 2013, 8:20 pm

The only pets that are unaffected by weather spells are elemental so hypothetically you would be able to defeat a weather effect. But then again my main rotation is Spirit of Competition , Crimson Lasher and a rare Coral Snake So I might bias... I you don't have to have a weather affect sometimes, but seeming as how both Pandaren Air Spirit and Magical Crawdad have heals and the Air Spirit has a few DoT's depending on how you set them up... you might want to go with something that hit's really heavy with a lot of heath or has a variety of different damage skills..

maybe a Stunted Shardhorn, Jungle Grub or a frog for Cleansing Rain because it Restores 27 health to your team reduced hostile DoT's 1 round and gives water abilities a huge bonus. It'll also get rid of that pesky darkness, just watch out for a flock of seagulls! ;)

Arcanicus
Pet Score:777
Realm:Terokkar-us

Post by Arcanicus » April 15th, 2013, 12:15 pm

The best support option for a Magical Crawdad is a Moonlight team, since Moonlight boosts Wish to 60% healed. (While a sunny day benefits it even more, boosting Wish to a whopping 90% healed, most of the pets that can spread that type of weather are either Elementals, which would not get the full benefit anyway, or have poor move sets.)

Here are the Moonlight spreading pets:
Celestial Dragon
Sprite Darter Hatchling
Nether Faerie Dragon
Emerald Whelpling
Moonkin Hatchling

Note that all but one of these are Dragon-type, so determine your team's third member accordingly.