PvP Pet battles Youtube channel

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu
PvP Pet battles Youtube channel

Post by Deepfriedegg » March 4th, 2013, 8:02 am

Hi guys,

I have just started to publish PvP pet battles on my Youtube channel (normally I put there hunter PvE content])

I will be doing it in series, each volume will feature one team in several matches to see its strenghts and weaknesses. The first volume is rather a tribute to soon dead comp: Anubisath Idol - FFF - Lil' Ragnaros

Let me know what you think about it. Suggest team comps that you would like to see, etc.

Deepfriedegg

Re: PvP Pet battles Youtube channel

Post by Deepfriedegg » March 6th, 2013, 8:51 am

Another one from the series. Not the promised one but the matches are quite interesting imo :)

Comp: Scourged Whelpling, Pandaren Watere Spirit, Giant Boner Spider.
I havent played these pets before, I have only boosted them to 25 so this video also shows learning process :)

Enjoy:

Tatlreach
Pet Score:880
Realm:Blackrock-us

Post by Tatlreach » March 7th, 2013, 3:28 am

I have no respect for someone who uses multiple pets who are known to be overpowered.

Deepfriedegg

Post by Deepfriedegg » March 18th, 2013, 7:28 am

Tatlreach wrote:I have no respect for someone who uses multiple pets who are known to be overpowered.
Hence why I wrote "tribute to soon dead comp". But surely nothing stops you from coming up with something that you do have respect for...

Deepfriedegg

Post by Deepfriedegg » March 18th, 2013, 7:43 am

Third edition: Team winter

[pet]Father Winter's Helper[/pet] (2/1/2) , Tiny Snowman (2/1/2) and Tundra Penguin H/S (2/2/2). The helper needs to be stoned to be rare.

Penguin would be better in H/P breed because it has two abilities that attempt to go first. I didnt take the Helper´s Frost Tomb because it can be easily avoided and also can go wasted (can hit in round when the enemy pet died, effectively doing no damage).

This team has strong weather control, strong synergy of the abilities, the pets are quite fast and they hit hard.
Cons are: strongly oriented at only two damage schools (elemental and magic), almost no avoidance (except for Slippery Ice and almost no heals (except for human racial).

Enjoy, comment, suggest:

Deepfriedegg

Post by Deepfriedegg » March 19th, 2013, 7:58 am

Fourth edition:
Now featuring pets revolving around Call Darkness and Plagued Blood. Bit contradictory, isnt it? But it seems to be working quite well.

Set-up:
Gilnean Raven P/S (2/2/1)
[pet]Lil´Ragnaros[/pet] (1/2/1)
Scourged Whelpling H/H (2/2/1)

It is not easy to obtain this team: Raven needs to be stoned to be rare and once you learn it, you cannot obtain different breed. Lil Ragnaros is bought from pet store and Scourged whelpling is the hardest wild pet to get (they fixed the spawn timer in 5.2 a bit, though)

Video shows the process of learning how to use the team the best, I wasnt playing this comp before. Enjoy, comment:

G0c1gary
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by G0c1gary » April 14th, 2013, 5:29 pm

whats the small window appear on either side of pet battle windows that shows the pets picture of yours and opposite team?

Tatra
Pet Score:4589
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Tatra » April 21st, 2013, 10:49 am

the only thing this video is showing is that people need to learn pvp better. many mistakes against the original post lead to victories against his team. i had a fff team that went up against another fff player. he did the straight crack down 2-3-2 combo but he never won. use of negation and use of pet swaps against him closed him out. when people understand how to pet battle those teams you are showing are going to have a very hard time

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » April 22nd, 2013, 10:35 am

Hello
Personally, I appreciated this post because I need to prep for pvp. All along while collecting, I've been passively thinking of
team combos and pet breeds that will pan out well in pvp and sure enough 5.3 promises more pvp with the stunted direhorn as a reward

I wish this link of wc pets was as active and relevant as the trading threads.

Posts, discussion and vids like this are great. Thanks to deepfried for the effort
and keep the discussions of team combos and synergies going battlers

If you want a suggestion, DFEgg, how about a team that incorporates a p/p stunted shardhorn.. it hits heavy and
would be fun to watch.. I'd be interested in seeing any post that had the puffer, crominius or the enchanted broom too