favorite pet to use?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us
favorite pet to use?

Post by Nursie » May 1st, 2012, 1:57 pm

a few of us were lucky to test out the pet battles for the short time they were available, my question is do you currently have a favorite pet?

For those who weren't lucky enough to test out the battles you can check out the battle pets here:
http://www.wowdb.com/spells/companions/battle-pets

Some of them have their abilities posted on their and you can base your opinion on the flavour/mixture of their abilities.

Mine might be Nether Ray Fry as it has 6 damage attacks from 6 different families those are beast, magic, dragonkin, flying, undead and elemental. Not only that but arcane blast, tail sweep and slicing winds are a little different to the basic damage attacks, you can build up your arcane blast damage at the start of the fight, you can try your luck with slicing winds for a chance to do more damage or you can attack with a tail sweep if you are facing a fast pet for double damage when attacking second.

I know the gurkster also has abilities from 6 families but some aren't damage abilities, Nether Ray Fry on the other hand can do double damage vs 6 different families and that is pretty insane. Your favorite doesn't have to be based on damage etc. it could just be based on the one with the most fun abilities.

Sikker

Re: favorite pet to use?

Post by Sikker » May 1st, 2012, 8:02 pm

I am in the beta but couldn't test the battles because of crashes, however I have looked through their abilities and I really like Nuts, the squirrel. He has an ability to reduce damage taken, a DoT and an attack that deals damage and heals himself, so he should be great for outlasting, which fits my style. More importantly, he as a critter does weak damage against humanoids, however he has an undead ability which deals extra damage to humanoids, so he can just use that instead.

Also I found an infernal-like pet in the journal, I forgot its name and abilities, and it doesn't seem to be in the list you linked, but I remember that it was the only pet where I was really amazed by pretty much all his abilities.

Also there are a few pets that have abilities similar to fly/dig which were pretty great in pokemon, so I might get one of those pets in my team as well.

Mortis_darkskull

Post by Mortis_darkskull » May 1st, 2012, 8:59 pm

so...

nuts is a warlock??/? O, O

Sikker

Post by Sikker » May 1st, 2012, 10:15 pm

His fighting style did remind me of a warlock, yeah.