Need a Flying or machine type

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Charmed6229
Pet Score:1597
Realm:Sentinels-us
Need a Flying or machine type

Post by Charmed6229 » April 3rd, 2013, 12:14 am

I have a team settup right now but were really weak against beasts right now, to buff it, I was thinking of either adding a machine or a flying type. Im thinking flying type as it's weak against aquatic and you dont see alot of beasts with aquatic types moves, but I see beasts with Elemental types which wreck my machines.
So I was thinking, what flying type should I use? Maybe the netherray? it has an assorment of attacks to use and might be good for any situation or should I use something like a moth?
Help me Decide! Now that im thinking maybe I should use a beast itself to combat a beast.

Lemme know what you think would go with this settup, Silkbead Snail(221), anub idol(112), ??

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Re: Need a Flying or machine type

Post by Dakaf » April 3rd, 2013, 1:28 am

Can't go wrong with the Lil Xt from the card game or pet store. I also like my war bot, which was from a limited edition event I think. If all else fails, dark moon zeppelin. Cog blade raptor is fun as well.

For flying, I love the dark moon crow. Darkness and nocturnal strike rocks! I do use dragons a lot in place of flyers. Check some of those out too!

Hope this was coherent enough to at least point you in the right direction. Thanks ambien!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » April 3rd, 2013, 6:13 am

A P/P yellow moth wrecks stuff. Darkmoon crow or Gilean raven do too.

Charmed6229
Pet Score:1597
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Charmed6229 » April 3rd, 2013, 10:49 am

the problem with the moths is that they have attacks that are high chance to miss, and with sandstorm up I can almost guarantee they wont be hitting anytime soon

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » April 5th, 2013, 10:54 am

i used a Clockwork Gnome from the very start. Most wild pets are Beast/Critter so Mech/Beast makes it pretty trivial.

The gnome has a decent DOT and a fairly good burst spell, plus an awesome heal, which once your used too is great. The only issue I've had is with some pets elemental poison.

As for flying, I went Dragonkin for my 3rd slot (wanted the Ancient Blessing the Celestial Dragon gave) but you do struggle against Aqautic with those 3. I now also have a Pterodax Hatchling which is flying, and also has Ancient Blessing and cuts through Aquatic pets so if you have one, I'd recommend it.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » April 5th, 2013, 12:59 pm

Son of Animus is my recommendation. Its P/P and suprisingly durable thanks to its 50% shield and heal moves. Plus good looking.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » April 5th, 2013, 8:54 pm

Cat666 wrote:As for flying, I went Dragonkin for my 3rd slot (wanted the Ancient Blessing the Celestial Dragon gave) but you do struggle against Aqautic with those 3. I now also have a Pterodax Hatchling which is flying, and also has Ancient Blessing and cuts through Aquatic pets so if you have one, I'd recommend it.
the sandstorm will affect the pterrodax adversely with its multi hit main attack. Also, the lift off ability seems to miss more than moth dust or whatever it's called, so that may not be an option for this setup.