5.2 Breed changes question.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mrozzy
Pet Score:4368
Realm:Stormrage-eu
5.2 Breed changes question.

Post by Mrozzy » April 1st, 2013, 6:38 pm

In 5.2 part of the patch notes on pets read:
"Brilliant Kaliri, Jade Tentacle, Tirisfal Batling, Firefly, Jade Crane Chick, Gilnean Raven, and Shore Crawler are no longer available in multiple breeds."

Does anyone have detailed info on exactly what was done here?

At the time of the patch I had a Tirisfal Batling and Firefly which were not good breeds out of what was available.
After the patch the stats of both these pets did not change for me, so I assume they didn't retroactively make all pets of these types the same breed, they just made it so future ones would all be the same.
Am I wrong about this?

Also for these pets, what breed is now the only one available?

Thanks.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: 5.2 Breed changes question.

Post by Quintessence » April 1st, 2013, 7:19 pm

Unsure of which breeds are available post patch 5.2, but Mumper did mention they were working on the tech to retroactively assign the single breeds for the existing pets in the list. So it may happen on the future, but it's not clear when.

Sidenote: Haven't actually tried this for any other pet that's been changed in the recent past, but it might be possible to save your breed (if you have one that you particularly like) by caging it and waiting until the changes are made before re-adding it to your collection. No idea if that will work for breed, but for some it's worked in the case of pet quality.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com