Ok.. I give up at PvP battles. I need help

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Ihl
Pet Score:1493
Realm:Anachronos-eu
Ok.. I give up at PvP battles. I need help

Post by Ihl » March 31st, 2013, 4:48 pm

In preperation for the new pet battle PvP achievements coming in I've decided to get myself together. Prior to this I thought I was a fairly experienced pet battler, could happily take on anything in the PvE world and had a nice stable of 25's.. Oh how wrong I was.

I'm constantly destroyed even against non rare and non 25 teams (which is destroying all confidence in my ability). I KNOW it's a different kettle of fish out there but didn't realise it was this bad... Some folks seem to have a very good understanding of the system and have pets that seem to counter everything.

I just don't know where to start, I won one game more by luck (I tried an all undead team) but have lost thirteen or fourteen and won only that one (I had done a couple messing around as I levelled up so they don't count). Am I better just using a bunch of low level pets and hoping I get lucky games or does anyone have any good advice on newbie PBTvPBT'ers?

(edit: I'm not looking for an "I win" button team but having something that works well without crippling myself would be a good start. You can see my pets in my profile)

G0c1gary
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Ok.. I give up at PvP battles. I need help

Post by G0c1gary » March 31st, 2013, 5:35 pm

its easy. think about what you are doing in tanking/healing dps role, pets as well. another tip is that you don't need to battle lvl25 in 3s. You can consider practice in different levels. There are pvp battlers across different tiers. :D

Threnody
Pet Score:3078
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Threnody » March 31st, 2013, 8:53 pm

There are PVP strategies from this thread that you can try:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... f=3&t=2852

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » April 1st, 2013, 9:11 am

Why dont you list the pets you are using?

I went through the same frustrations until I got certain pets that work well together and/or are known to be good pvp battlers