Worried about changes

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Taizzaa
Pet Score:10614
Realm:Madoran-us
Worried about changes

Post by Taizzaa » April 16th, 2012, 7:50 pm

I've been collecting pets for a long time, and I have rare pets , like whelps, on several toons. I'm looking at the MoP changes where all pets seem to be collected in one pet journal and I am feeling ripped-off. Maybe I won't like pet battles, I don't know, but pet collecting has been my thing for years. It's not the same as people not getting a refund when the flight training prices dropped because those people (including me) didn't lose anything.

Anyone else wondering about this?

Maleika

Re: Worried about changes

Post by Maleika » April 16th, 2012, 8:31 pm

I have concerns as well about rare pets (as I have already voiced a few times O.o). Im a strong believer that TCG/CE/Blizz Store pets should not be tradable. I do not want to see pets that Ive paid rl money for all of a sudden showing up for trade or sale on the AH >.<

However, you do bring up an interesting concern. Some of the rares in game are worth a small fortune in gold and if they have been learned on an alt and Blizz does decide to merge the pet tab and the new journal into one...then there is that sence of lost income/time. Would be nice, if Blizz goes that route, if the pets that are doubled over your account would show up back in your toons bags giving you the option of keeping or then selling/trading them. Those who collect know how many hours goes into finding some of the rare drops. Would be nice for that time to be acknowledged.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » April 16th, 2012, 8:36 pm

I've bought two Hyacinth Macaws and multiple copies of many other rare pets, but I'm going to concentrate on getting the new pets, rather than worry about the old ones.
Mingyao on Madoran

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » April 16th, 2012, 9:04 pm

I put duplicate pets on many of my toons, because I wanted to be able to call that pet on that particular toon right away, when I bought/farmed it. If I've gotten over a year of use out of a virtual pet, and it will only become a "duplicate" in MoP, I think that was gold well spent (some pets I've had 4 years of use). Mist of Pandaria doesn't have a release date yet, so we're getting plenty of advanced notice on this change--and I have stopped bothering to get duplicates now. So I won't be in a situation were I might drop 10,000 gold on a pet right before MoP comes out, and boom, it's pointless.

I do have concerns about MoP. As I was posting on another thread just today, I don't know if I will like the pet battles. So I hope there will still be achievements and goals for pet collectors outside of the battle system. But whatever happens, I will give the changes a chance. So far this has been a good game for me and my husband.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Maleika

Post by Maleika » April 16th, 2012, 9:33 pm

Lysi wrote:But whatever happens, I will give the changes a chance. So far this has been a good game for me and my husband.

Hear, hear! Im trying to get into that mentality myself. It is after all Blizz's decision as to what will actually happen. For now its mostly speculation. I know, either way, that if it does happen that certain pets I dont want to be tradable do become tradable I'll still be there on WoW battling away. Its just nice to voice ones concerns and have someone elses opinion on them every now and again :)

Gaijin
Pet Score:9380
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Gaijin » April 17th, 2012, 11:48 am

Taizzaa wrote:I've been collecting pets for a long time, and I have rare pets , like whelps, on several toons. I'm looking at the MoP changes where all pets seem to be collected in one pet journal and I am feeling ripped-off. Maybe I won't like pet battles, I don't know, but pet collecting has been my thing for years. It's not the same as people not getting a refund when the flight training prices dropped because those people (including me) didn't lose anything.

Anyone else wondering about this?
Ok maybe i am bit of Pollyanna when i only see the bright side of MoP and pet collecting.

Like No one will never need spend 2 times gold or money or even doing a boring farm to have a pet in more than one character. and about all those money that you already spent? well let just think in the great time that you had with the pets.

Ppl now can play with the char that are enjoying most, instead to being shackle in one character, because it is your main pet colector

My beloved pets will be with me does not matter with avatar i am using, I think it is very fair, because in a ultimate look was me who colect then all, and why i need do it over and over everytime that i create a new caracter.

And about lose things let tell that is already happened, let me show you
Once i Bought the cat that used to drop only to horde side and also I bought all horde pets related with argent crusader and I payed a good gold on it. just to now see that the cat is now a vendor one, not even a limited one just a common one, and the argent crusade pets ? i got 2 of them in the healer bag. And the the one that used be ally exclusive pet the Sprite Darter Hatchling... But the fact is ok I lost some time and money in those pets, but i enjoyed his company for a while before the change, só i think in the end all gold and time that i spent worth it...

Tipitina
Pet Score:1016
Realm:Frostmane-us

Post by Tipitina » April 29th, 2012, 6:00 pm

Does anyone know what will happen to the achievements Menagerie and Littlest Pet Shop? In particular, will those still be available in Mists? And will the achievement completion reward the pets?

Maleika

Post by Maleika » April 29th, 2012, 6:09 pm

Tipitina wrote:Does anyone know what will happen to the achievements Menagerie and Littlest Pet Shop? In particular, will those still be available in Mists? And will the achievement completion reward the pets?
Hope this helps a little.

Link to New Achievements for MoP in the Pet Battle section

A little ways down Quint mentions that the achievements for having "x" amount of pets are listed but who know is the requirments will stay at the same number of pets.

Tipitina
Pet Score:1016
Realm:Frostmane-us

Post by Tipitina » April 29th, 2012, 7:48 pm

Thank you! It is helpful. Basically, it's unknown if the 50, 75, et cetera are going to award pets or not... Guess we'll wait and see! Or spend A LOT of time/gold & real dollars before the expansion! Gah!

Much obliged!

Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Nursie » April 30th, 2012, 9:13 am

so you're worried about losing multiples of the rare pets? perhaps you should make a suggestion to blizzard to merge those pets into your pet journal seeing as you can already have 3 of 1 pet but I doubt you would get any more then that seeing as the current system only allows 3 and it would require adjustments on their end.

Perhaps you should get someone to get multiples on the live servers then copy them to the beta servers and see if they get multiples of those pets, i know it doesn't work with pets like core-hound pup but maybe cause that's a special pet that gets sent to all toons and can't be sold currently on live servers.