Search for pets by rarity??

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Reapersbeast
Top Rater
Pet Score:3171
Realm:Anub'arak-us
Search for pets by rarity??

Post by Reapersbeast » March 27th, 2013, 3:04 pm

Does this page's search have a filter for rarity? And Am I just missing it or what? I'd like to be able to find a list of the pets in the game that are unique, rare, uncommon and so on!

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Re: Search for pets by rarity??

Post by Jadax » March 27th, 2013, 3:05 pm

There is a list of uncommon pets here:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2978

All other non-wild caught pets are rare.

And wild pets obviously come in all four rarities.

Reapersbeast
Top Rater

Post by Reapersbeast » March 27th, 2013, 3:31 pm

Sorry but that didn't really help me any! I can look the pets up on other pages(even by rarity) I was just wondering if this page has a rarity search filter that I'm overlooking or something. And if not then it should IMO!

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » March 27th, 2013, 4:01 pm

What you're asking for doesn't make any sense... all other pets can be caught in any rarity.

If you mean the ones that you already have, you can do that on the "Filter Pets" page, here:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/filter/

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » March 27th, 2013, 6:47 pm

All wild battle pets (those caught by pet battling) come in all 4 qualities (or rarities if you like). There is no list, because they would all be on all 4 lists. There are some vendor/purchased pets that only come in Uncommon. That's the list posted earlier. So those pets would have to have a stone used on them to be any rarity other than uncommon. Then there is a small list of non-battle pets that don't really have a quality because they don't have battle stats (like balloons etc). So they have no "rarity" and wouldn't be on any of the 4 lists you mentioned.

Warcraftpets does have a list about rarity, but it is referring to how many people by percentage have collected a certain pet. It's under the community tab called pet collection stats. Maybe that's what you are looking for? Fun to see if you have a pet that most others don't :mrgreen:

Also FYI, there are no epic pets a player can have. The item that teaches the pet may be epic, but the pet will be listed as rare. The only "epic" pets (and even legendary pets) in game are in the tamer battles or beasts of fable which are not capturable by players.

I hope this clears things up. Was there any pet you had a specific question about?

Reapersbeast
Top Rater

Post by Reapersbeast » March 28th, 2013, 12:01 am

My last post that was very clear and specific, yet deleted because someone couldn't handle the honest truth I guess! I had everything Very clear! My only question was when you got a pet that was of an epic rarity(example Crawling claw, or Darkmoon Rabbit, And FTR I mean Rarity Not Quality, yes Blizzard should be better "detailed" at telling the difference, too bad that's never been their strong suit!!) I wondered if they had their own filter that I might have overlooked!

I understand its obviously Another oversight from blizzard, not to change the quality of the pet's item to be like all the rest(rare not epic) with 5.2 launch! But my question still remains! And again like my last deleted post stated a simple "No" would have prevented this...."confusion". Then again Blizzard doing a more detailed job with pet info to begin with would have been Best!

But Either way you look at it, I see the answer to my question is "no" so thanks for the help!

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » March 28th, 2013, 12:37 pm

True, this site is for the battle pets themselves, not the items that teach you the pets. So no battle pets on this site will show up as "epic" only the vanity items that teach them are epic.

To a true pet battle collector, the rarity of the item makes little difference, it's the quality of the pet that counts.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » March 29th, 2013, 7:07 am

I can't see why this information would mean anything to you at all, but if you really need to see which of your pets were learned from a "blue" or "purple" item, you can look at your Blizzard armory page. If you want to know the current rarity of the pet (much more relevant information if you ask me) then that's what this site is for.

Also, I highly doubt your post was deleted because someone "couldn't handle the truth". You'd probably be best off saving the paranoia for the official forums.
*edit* In fact, I see you have already been told this much a few months ago by site mods, yet you still insist your posts are being censored. It must be difficult to have everyone always out to get you, huh? o_0
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... php?t=1036

Reapersbeast
Top Rater

Post by Reapersbeast » March 29th, 2013, 12:13 pm

LOL! Graven, Blizzards armory page hasn't been right, Especially with its details in the 7 years that I've played this game!!! Their armory page actually right now shows half the pets as White(common) when you look at your characters pet/mount's page! As for why I want this information its simple Just like when you want to collect rare mount's I would like to get the rarest pets!

Of course Blizzard in its Infinite wisdom(lmfao riiight) made some pets only available in some regions and some are No longer available! If they were Smart instead of putting a damn leaping hatching(I still can't believe they put that weak/Very easy to get shit on there!! At least the starting bid isn't 10k anymore!) on the Black Market Auction House they should put Actual rare pets and maybe no longer available pets. Then I could see them legitimately starting the bid at 5k or 10k again! But oh well years of hoping for the best hasn't changed this game yet why believe it will now lol!

Gwen, that couldn't be farther from the truth! For multiple reasons! The rarer pets are the pets most battlers want to use! Like pet types with unique abilities not usually given to their type! That's why people play certain pets to begin with. Some may be easier to farm then others(Hence rarity or lack there of) but as Any real WoW player knows, sometimes just because an item isn't epic doesn't mean it's not worth farming/using! Although yes the quality of the pet obviously matters as well. That's common sense, Never take a knife to a gun fight!!

Threnody
Pet Score:3078
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Threnody » March 29th, 2013, 2:28 pm

Reapersbeast, there is no need to be condescending. Especially to people who have taken the time and effort to help you out by explaining why the features of this site are the way they are and have shared their observations about other pet collectors. All of the people who have replied seem to have higher Petscores and more pets than you so maybe they actually know a thing or two about pet collecting and battling. Respect would be appropriate here.

The rarity of the pet container does not equate to the usefulness of the pet in battle. Yellow Moth is a prime example, particularly for PVE. Whether for PVE or PVP, the pet battle strategy threads on this site hardly ever mention the rarity of the pet container as a factor for pet selection.

Nor does the rarity of the container equate to uniqueness of ability set. Just check out Hyacinth Macaw, with ability set identical to those of 9 other birds.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » March 30th, 2013, 7:17 am

Here is a link to what I think you are looking for Epic pet items there are 6 epic quality items that turn into battle pets when used. It wasn't very hard to get either, took me all of about 30 seconds to filter Wowhead to list them. There is also about 181 Rare quality items that turn into battle pets Rare pet items.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Reapersbeast
Top Rater

Post by Reapersbeast » March 31st, 2013, 7:55 pm

Threnody I wasn't trying to be condescending! I'm just stating facts! and I love that comment ya made about just because they have a higher pet score then me or more pets then me thats supposed to mean something! If you were one of those people that actually read the posts here before you posted, you would see I just came back from 4 months away from the game! And when I left according to guildox.com I was 5th in the World at battle pet lvls! And that was about 7500 lvls and only a month after MoP's launch!! So I do know what I'm doing, But again instead of anyone just answering with a simple yes or no when I asked, everyone wanted to jump in Acting like They know it all and I had no clue what I was talking about. And half of them didn't even understand I meant rarity Not necessarily quality! Yes again I'll try to give them the benefit of the doubt, because Blizzard always does such a poor job with the details in this game but when I tried to explain my question now all the sudden I'm being condescending/rude/whatever.....smh! So yeah I'm done commenting here Any trolls show up later you can enjoy talking to yourself!

Dragonwizard: Thanks for the link to wowhead.com. I was just hoping to see something like that on this page!!