Best Rabbit?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Shandu
Pet Score:1313
Realm:Saurfang-eu
Best Rabbit?

Post by Shandu » March 27th, 2013, 11:19 am

Hey all,

So I used to hate rabbits, and critters in general, but doing more and more pvp I now pretty much have to have him in my team XD I have a Tolai Hare, dodge and burrow are insane, plus flurry decimates undeads, but I was wondering what the best Rabbit/Hare was?

Cheers.

Stencil
Pet Score:3290
Realm:Elune-us

Re: Best Rabbit?

Post by Stencil » March 28th, 2013, 4:07 am

Any notion of best is always going to be subjective, and I've also never pvp battled, but the S/S Grasslands Cottontail is an interesting specimen for his combination of stats:
health: 1400
power: 260
speed: 325

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » March 28th, 2013, 8:32 am

For rabbits in general, it's not so much about the species, but the breed. Normally you'll want breed 5 (S/S), because Dodge is one of their key abilities, and it lets you avoid two attacks when you go first. I think all but the Elfin Rabbit have S/S as a possibility, so any species but that one will work. Unfortunately, in many cases rabbits have so many available breeds that it's a pain to find the right one. However, the spring rabbit, which many pet collectors already have, is always breed 5. It starts Uncommon, but if you've got one of those and a spare battle-stone, you won't have to hunt for anything.

As Stencil pointed out, though, the grasslands cottontail is a special case. It has different base stats, doing more damage at the cost of speed. If you get an S/S breed of that it will hit harder and still be faster than most pets. The major exception is Sludgy, the Thundering Pandaren Spirit's ooze, which is faster than an S/S grasslands cottontail, but not S/S rabbits of other species.

Outside of battle stats, in my opinion the best rabbit is the tolai hare pup. It's so teeny!

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » March 28th, 2013, 10:10 am

It is fair to say that no rabbit will go first against flyers above 50% and against abilities that strike first.

Grassland Cottontail S/S will give you highest power (260) of all S/S rabbit breeds with very high speed (225). This pet will not go first against few other pets.

If you want to be almost absolutely sure that you go first (except for cases mentioned atop), go for S/S of Snowshoe, Brown, Spring or just Rabbits or Snowshoe, Artic, Tolai, tolai Pup or just Hare or Mountain Cottontail. These have speed 358 and atk 228. Your Flurry will hit for 16 less then in case of Grassland Cottontail and Burrow will hit for 56 less.

Shandu
Pet Score:1313
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Shandu » March 28th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Thanks for all the info, off to get the Grasslands Cottontail now, I don't mind so much flyers, because they are usually quite rare in PVP, and when I do come across them my ooze or Wisp destroys them =)

Thestalker
Pet Score:2566
Realm:Les Clairvoyants-eu

Post by Thestalker » April 2nd, 2013, 10:56 am

The over-played Kun Lai Runt have a speed of 244 and he can reduce the opponent speed by 25%. The grasslands cottontail with a base speed of 325 is reduced to 243-244 and he can take the stun before he uses dodge.

Then, I think it is better to play a rabbit with 355 speed.