Old ranking

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us
Old ranking

Post by Aerozia » March 27th, 2013, 1:01 am

I think you guys should bring up the old ranking system too, i was working really hard to be #1 on my server, then the new ranking system came up and now im #5 where i was #2. you should have them both, so you could be #1 of most unique pets COLLECTED as this is a COLLECTION site. and #1 of battling, with rares and lvls and all that stuff that takes time away from the other areas of the game, in two separate rankings.

I actively pvp, rbgs everynight, so i have scant time to lvl all my pets, i still do, but there are ppl on my server that that is ALL they do, no raids, no rbgs, no dailies. just pet battles.

Sure people who have the vannila CE edition get 3 extra pets, and the subsequent CE editions, but even without some of them im pushing for top spot of pet collecting, i just feel like the rug was snatched out from under me.

oh, some kind of visual notification on the site, like a star, different color, for 1st 2nd 3rd, below your picture on the forums would be cool, if you were 1,2,3, on your server. Just sayin it would be neat.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: Old ranking

Post by Breanni » March 27th, 2013, 8:08 am

Anyone can sort the realm lists and top 500 list by pets collected instead of pet score, so this functionality already exists.

We made the change to pet score due to the OVERWHELMING majority of support for that change. People had been requesting it en masse since we introduced the scoring system.

Moreover, having two site-wide ranking systems would be cumbersome and confusing, not to mention an additional load on the site. So while we understand your concerns, I think we're going to stick with one system -- pet score -- for the time being.