Quality of Battle Stones from PVP?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us
Quality of Battle Stones from PVP?

Post by Ruzgofdi » March 25th, 2013, 3:20 pm

I've been mostly focusing on the PVE side of pet battles since it came out. Until this morning, the only PVP pet battle I've done was a duel while waiting on a group to organize to do something. And that was way back before the introduction of battle stones.

With the news of what's coming in 5.3, I thought I'd experiment with some PVP team building. After my second random duel, I got a battle stone. A Polished battle stone. Needless to say, I was a little surprised and upset by this fact.

I'm definitely a Pet PVP noob, so I don't have any experience to judge by. So I thought I'd ask here. Have any of you gotten a blue battle stone from a PVP battle? Or should I not expect anything better?

Exel
Pet Score:2852
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Re: Quality of Battle Stones from PVP?

Post by Exel » March 25th, 2013, 3:37 pm

I got a bunch of blue battle stones from PvP. Don't get discouraged if it takes long time to get one, I got my first after quite a few battles. But also, I managed to get 3 in one day. So, it's random just like in PvE. Green stones are obviously more common, but in general, I don't think blue ones are that hard to get. Best advice i can give you is to try and enjoy PvP pet battles, like I do, and stones and charms are just a nice bonus. Good luck.

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Re: Quality of Battle Stones from PVP?

Post by Ruzgofdi » March 25th, 2013, 3:51 pm

Exel wrote:I got a bunch of blue battle stones from PvP. Don't get discouraged if it takes long time to get one, I got my first after quite a few battles. But also, I managed to get 3 in one day. So, it's random just like in PvE. Green stones are obviously more common, but in general, I don't think blue ones are that hard to get. Best advice i can give you is to try and enjoy PvP pet battles, like I do, and stones and charms are just a nice bonus. Good luck.
I do enjoy it (although that may be just me riding high right now on being lucky with a 3 and 0 record). It's more of a question of how much time I want to invest right now. When 5.3 hits, I'm going to be diving into the deep end in the quest for a direhorn. But until then, I'm trying to figure out how I want to balance my time. If all I was going to get out of it right now was a chance at green stones, I'd continue to focus on leveling pets like crazy.