Max level gain in non-tamer fights

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jollyrogered
Pet Score:4262
Realm:Arthas-us
Max level gain in non-tamer fights

Post by Jollyrogered » March 23rd, 2013, 1:21 pm

I was fighting a lvl 11 Nether Wisp and 2 lvl 25s agains lvl 23 Masked Tanukis, and was only gaining one level each time. I repeated the experience with my lvl 4 Voodoo Figurine and he too only recieved 1 lvl per fight. Now, I'm still getting multiple lvls for each low lvl pet out of tamer fights, but I have to wonder if anyone else noticed, or knows more about, how they changed the XP ratio for regular pet fights?

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Re: Max level gain in non-tamer fights

Post by Ryazan » March 23rd, 2013, 3:10 pm

I have noticed no such thing at least.

If you pet is level 11 and opponent level 23, you shouldn't ding more than one level in any case. It takes 900 xp to get to lvl 12 from lvl 11 and the xp gain from your said opponent gives 935 xp with Safari Hat. So basically no matter how much xp does your pet have past lvl 11 in the beginning, it still won't be enough to reach level 13.

However, I can't say what's happened with your level 4. Xp again from lvl 23 opponent is 858 xp which should bring your pet at least to level 6. But like said I haven't seen any restrictions in multiple levels with low level pets.
- Taking your candles since 2005

Jollyrogered
Pet Score:4262
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by Jollyrogered » March 23rd, 2013, 5:15 pm

Odd. Ive been having some connectivity issues with the server, perhaps my lowest lvl is timing out? I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for commenting!

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » March 24th, 2013, 3:56 pm

Typically I get 1 -> 6 in the first battle, and after that its almost always 1 level per battle (I fight level 24/25's in the vale when I'm leveling in the wild). Usually once or twice the XP works out just right that you can get 2 levels off of a fight -- 8 to 10, 12 to 14 etc. But typically its just one simply because of the XP gained and XP required to level.

Dazer
Pet Score:10104
BattleTag®:Dazer#2240
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Dazer » March 25th, 2013, 4:53 am

imageshack us/scaled/landing/842/levelingp.png
left entry: self level
top entry: level you are fighting against (all non tamer, normal teams).
result: amount of levels expected.