The New Fishing Tiny Carp Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Grimpally
Pet Score:4398
Realm:Bladefist-us
The New Fishing Tiny Carp Pets

Post by Grimpally » March 14th, 2013, 10:32 am

I just wanted to give the community a heads, up after several hours of fishing, I can confirm all pets can be caught from Fishing outside of pools, I have caught all four of them now and I didn't fish a single one up from a pool, I know that they can be fished up from pools but I just wanted to let everyone know that you had another option.

Tiny Blue Carp
30 minutes fishing In Upper Lake right above Mogu'Shan Palace in The Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Tiny Green Carp
4 hours fishing in the Bottom lake Right outside of The Temple of The Jade Serpent Within The Jade Forest.

Tiny Red Carp
15 Hours Fishing in the lake right outside the Niuzao Temple In the Townlong Steppes.

Tiny White Carp
30 minutes Fishing in the lake right under The Peak of Serenity in Kun Lai Summit.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Re: The New Fishing Tiny Carp Pets

Post by Ryazan » March 14th, 2013, 11:11 am

More discussion of the carps already [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3066]here[/url].
- Taking your candles since 2005

Alexsertu

Post by Alexsertu » March 16th, 2013, 9:21 pm

Hey nice information.I have got much clear idea from here.I like this type pets.

Grimpally

Post by Grimpally » March 16th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Hey glad I could at least help someone, happy hunting:)

Anjani
Pet Score:2642
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Anjani » March 16th, 2013, 10:34 pm

I don't understand it I have a plus 30 fishing pole, plus the charm, I have cast over 11 000 times over 4 or 5 days, made a ton of gold from the ah selling fish but not carp. Strangely enough, the one I do have is the blue one which I got on my very first cast just outside the Shrine of Seven Stars.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » March 16th, 2013, 10:47 pm

That what they cal RNG :)
I am in the same situation just got blue tonight, i am around 5000 casts total now......

Mojo882
Pet Score:4474
Realm:Ghostlands-eu

Post by Mojo882 » March 17th, 2013, 1:52 am

thanks for this, will start carp hunting tonight :>

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » March 17th, 2013, 4:44 am

Small question: Can you catch multiple of the same fish, like catch 5 white ones or once you have a certain colour, you won't ever catch it again?

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » March 17th, 2013, 6:56 am

Avalee wrote:Small question: Can you catch multiple of the same fish, like catch 5 white ones or once you have a certain colour, you won't ever catch it again?
Just curious why would you want to? they aren't cageable, unless your looking to level all the same one.

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Ruzgofdi » March 17th, 2013, 9:37 am

Tahsfenz wrote:Just curious why would you want to? they aren't cageable, unless your looking to level all the same one.
Well. After several hours, 5 full stacks of Captain's Lagger used, and 9 full stacks of cloth generated from sealed crates, one's brain starts playing tricks on you. Like "I've already caught it, but in the fishing numbed state my brain has entered, I didn't notice and I sold it to clear bag space, and now I'll fish for the rest of my WoW career and never see the bloody red carp ever again".

Grimpally

Post by Grimpally » March 17th, 2013, 4:30 pm

Hey Tahsfenz about your comment, I don't know if you could catch multiple versions of the same pet, but as others have said they are not cage able and actually you can only have one of each pet learned sadly.....but look on the bright side at least you only have to catch them all once :)

Avalee

Post by Avalee » March 18th, 2013, 10:06 am

Tahsfenz wrote:Just curious why would you want to? they aren't cageable, unless your looking to level all the same one.
Well since it's so rare, just wondering when I finally get 3 types and the 4th one will take me millions of casts. Fishing surely is not my favorite thing to do. With Archeology (very similar as fishing) at least you visit different places and occasionally find some great and valuable stuff. Not so with fishing.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » March 18th, 2013, 11:30 am

Tahsfenz wrote:
Avalee wrote:Small question: Can you catch multiple of the same fish, like catch 5 white ones or once you have a certain colour, you won't ever catch it again?
Just curious why would you want to? they aren't cageable, unless your looking to level all the same one.
You can only have one of each color in your journal, so if you did catch a second of a color it would just sit in your bags. I think El said (or eluded to at least) that you can only catch one of each color.

Kagalii
Top Rater
Pet Score:10513
BattleTag®:Mikadochan#1520
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Kagalii » March 18th, 2013, 12:28 pm

Gwenolyn wrote:
Tahsfenz wrote:
You can only have one of each color in your journal, so if you did catch a second of a color it would just sit in your bags. I think El said (or eluded to at least) that you can only catch one of each color.
This is correct, you can only LEARN one of each color. However, it is possible to catch the same colors more than once. I have a green carp sitting in my bags on an alt because I cannot learn it again.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » March 18th, 2013, 2:16 pm

Remember guys, if you're catching lots of extra Golden Carp, research the skill level for the area you're fishing in. for instance, the coastal areas around Pandaria require 700 fishing while inland waters in the Kun'Lai Summit (non sha-touched) require 750... that being said, I'm nearing 1500 casts for the white carp and nada :P

Raptorbait

Post by Raptorbait » March 19th, 2013, 1:21 pm

Misterks wrote:With approximately 25,000 recognized species, fishes make up the most diverse vertebrate group, comprising about half of all known vertebrate species. New fishes continue to be discovered and named at the rate of 200 to 300 species per year.
And I probably caught all of them working on these carps ... Finally got 4th one last night :)))))

Avalee

Post by Avalee » March 20th, 2013, 9:19 am

Another small question: I read somewhere you need level 700 fishing to catch these. Is that true?

Kagalii
Top Rater
Pet Score:10513
BattleTag®:Mikadochan#1520
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Kagalii » March 20th, 2013, 9:54 am

Avalee wrote:Another small question: I read somewhere you need level 700 fishing to catch these. Is that true?
'

Maybe to RELIABLY catch them you do, but I caught two green carps on two different alts with under 400 fishing skill and no additional lures.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 20th, 2013, 11:46 am

Avalee wrote:Another small question: I read somewhere you need level 700 fishing to catch these. Is that true?
It's speculated that higher fishing will yield better results, but it's hard to absolutely confirm. There are some zones that require higher level fishing (for open water casts) to avoid "junk fish" (too many Golden Carp). I don't think max fishing is absolutely necessary, but it can't hurt. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » March 20th, 2013, 1:11 pm

and where to found the fishing lvl need by zone to avoid the junk ?