Pet Speed Leveling?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Skychilde
Pet Score:5180
Realm:Area 52-us
Pet Speed Leveling?

Post by Skychilde » March 19th, 2013, 11:03 pm

I just got my first three pets to 25 (Tiny Sporebat, Venomspitter Hatchling, and Dragonbone Hatchling). Now I'm working towards the 75 at 25 achievement. Any tips on power leveling pets? Best places, how to do it, etc.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Pet Speed Leveling?

Post by Tahsfenz » March 19th, 2013, 11:08 pm

Check out
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... f=3&t=2809

Work on getting some of them up to 25. Your tamers will be your quickest way up. Some tamers will allow you to bring as low as a level 1, which, with a safari hat will be level 11 after the fight.

Dreamwater
Pet Score:3001
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Dreamwater » March 23rd, 2013, 5:43 pm

For the 20 plus lvl's take 2 25's and the lvling pet to the new island. Start the fight when your first 25 dies switch to lvling pet then switch right to the other 25 finish the fight. Makes it so its almost one lvl per fight.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » March 23rd, 2013, 6:08 pm

For leveling with wild pet battles, I like going near the beasts of fable spawns. Lots of wild pets, respawn quickly, no travel, all are lvl 24-25. Also a good way to farm stones.

Only so many tamers to fight in one day now, and could be hard with only 3 lvl 25's to choose from. So until you get a few more to 25, I think this would be your best bet.

I put in a pet with Decoy (like DM Zepp), then a lvl 1, then back to Zepp who is good against beasts. This works until the pet is about lvl 8-10. Then it can take a hit and go first, so the fights go faster. A pet just has to make it one round to get exp. A lot of wild pets have a defensive ability also. So until you get a few more up there, a lvl 1 might get lucky and the pet just casts a shield or something.

Try to lvl up pets from different families to maximize your team's strengths. GL and have fun :)

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » March 25th, 2013, 11:08 am

For just starting out. Level a Frog to 25.

Start your level 1 pet in the capital, and win 4 fights which will get him to level 3

This level 25 frog will be able to solo the kara trainer.

Getting a Mech like the clockwork bot, can pretty much solo the Winterspring trainer

So now your level 1 pet has gotten to level 10 or 11 in 2 fights

Level a waterbug

The waterbug and any other 25 can carry your level 11 pet in beating farmer Nishi in Valley of the 4 winds

Thats a great start for just 3 trainers

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » March 27th, 2013, 8:56 pm

If a level 1, enters a lvl 24-25 fight, It hits lvl 6 in one fight. I usually get my pets to about 10 this way, then do the tamers. I have old toons parked at the "leveling tamers". I use 1 25 and 2 lowbies. I use any aquatic with critter ability for deadwind pass, any dragon with magic vs Winterspring (one with a heal is nice), and an Aqua Bug (one fast with Pump) is good for Vo4W and SMV guy. Also SMV I use Mech Panda Dragon (which is what I'd use my first mech stone for). I only lvl one lowbie with SMV guy.

But at the beasts of fable, you can also get to 25 in a short time, with a lvl 1, 2 25's, and a stack of bandages ;)
I do this for pets I want to get to lvl 25 fast (edit: such as the aforementioned frog, aqua bug, and dragon).

Stonewallred
Pet Score:1825
Realm:Malfurion-us

Post by Stonewallred » March 27th, 2013, 9:10 pm

If you have not done the spirit pets yet, just get a two set for killing it and your leveling pet and do the air spirit.
It is repeatable, as long as the quest has not been done, and pretty easy.
I use a celestial dragon and spawn of Onyx to do mine, with my leveling pet.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » March 30th, 2013, 5:55 am

When I was starting out and didn't yet have the right pets for beating all the tamers with 2 pets I would pick just a couple of pets to focus my leveling on, priority to those who were useful for multiple trainers (like Chrominius, Darkmoon Tonk and Magic Crawdad for instance). First step was always marsh fiddlers in valley of four winds, I'd put the 1st lvl first, hope the cricket didn't kick it to death which it usually didn't, then switch out and have my beast kill the cricket and it's friends. First fight usually got that pet to 6th, good for not dying in one lucky hit on those tamers I could do. After that it's around 1 lvl per fight until lvl 14 or so though I usually just get them to 6th and then do tamers.

Then I did the tamers I could do with the lowbie in there and after that if I wasn't worn out on pet battles went and tried to catch some (rare) pets while leveling the wee one. At that time I wasn't specifically focusing on just getting rare pets - I was still working on just getting one of every pet, so I didn't bother making sure I didn't kill things if it looked dicey for my team. Then as those get leveled up it gets easier and easier to level pets through trainers. It is a bit of a chore at first though, a lot more tricks open up as you get just a few more leveled up.

I will admit, when I just feel like zoning out I do take my pets to my usual marsh fiddler/bandicoon hunting grounds in the heartlands and just chain fights until a pet is around lvl 15th or so. It's very relaxing in a grindy sort of way.

Edit: I should add that when starting out with just 3 25th lvl pets I did end up doing a lot of fighting in the wild for xp for the next 7 or so pets to get them to max. You are a bit limited at that point in what tamers can be used to level pets... I wished I had leveled some beast with self heal such as devour in my initial 3, it would have made the initial slaughter I did in valley quite a bit faster when I was leveling the next few pets.

Cendir
Pet Score:6154
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Cendir » March 31st, 2013, 4:44 am

From level 10 up, I've found Vale of Eternal Blossoms to be a great power leveling spot, especially where the "kill 10 epic pets" daily quest pet is, just west of Setting Sun Garrison. There are 9 spawns there. Reason I love it is because you'll only see 6 different pets in battles, and 4 of them are Aquatic pets (and you'll really end up fighting 90%+ Aquatic pets as they double up a lot). Use your lowbie pet first, then a moth pet to demolish the entire team. As a bonus the Garden Moth and Luyu Moth are both MoP wild pets and easy to get, and will start at level 22-23, so getting them to 25 is trivial.

You'll kill most pets in 2-3 turns, and with 9 pet spawns you can cycle infinitely. Plus because a single moth can kill 2-3 full teams alone, in a row, and you should have 2 moths to use, you'll never need bandages. It's really quite nice. Sure Trainer battles give more exp, but that's too much running around for me.