Which Tiny Carp to level first?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Which Tiny Carp to level first?

Post by Quintessence » March 15th, 2013, 10:51 pm

They all have similar stats, and only some abilities are different, so I'm not sure which one I should level to 25 first. I'm leaning towards blue and red, but what are everyone's thoughts on the battle abilities of the new Tiny Carps? Interesting? Mediocre? OP? Weak?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Waveryn
Pet Score:13667
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Which Tiny Carp to level first?

Post by Waveryn » March 16th, 2013, 5:55 am

Sorry I can not help, I and others with horrible luck do not believe they exist :mrgreen: , even resorted to this Chibipriest rant on how easy in open water they can be caught and would like to slap that toon about now ;)
Wave

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » March 16th, 2013, 11:42 am

The white one is interesting because you can take both Cleansing Rain and Healing Stream, so it could be a support/healer type pet for an all-aquatic team. Red can have Spiked Skin plus a heal, but it seems like Crawdad does that job better. Blue can have Pump plus a heal, but Purple Puffer does that job better; and Wild Magic is kind of wasted since he has no multi-hit attacks or DoTs. Green can have Whirlpool plus a heal, but again Purple Puffer does that job better, or a crab. Green also has Invisibility, which is a unique ability: the tooltip makes it sound pretty weak, but depending on how the debuff times out, it might actually be interesting (ie DoTs that say they last 1 round actually last til end of current round, plus 1, so it's possible you'd get 2 rounds of attack immunity).

Zythehealer
Pet Score:2908

Post by Zythehealer » March 16th, 2013, 4:38 pm

I'm curious what the experts will say about this as well, I leveled my Blue Carp first because that's the one that I squeeed over when the carps were announced (blue is my favorite color) and it's the first one I got. It's at 25 now but I haven't really worked it into my line-up. The others are all in the teens at this point and I'm not sure how I want to use them.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206

Post by Poofah » March 18th, 2013, 4:58 pm

On their own, none of them is particularly strong. The reason to use them would be Healing Stream, which has a 0.75 attack ratio (so 2.25 total if all 3 of your pets can use the healing). It's hard to set up, but provides a monstrous amount of healing.

You need to run all 3 aquatics, and ideally all of them would have Healing Stream, which means 3 carps. You need a weather to deal with Darkness, which would make White mandatory (Healing Stream+Cleansing Rain). Blue would give you a magic attack to help cope with flyers, and having Pump is pretty good too. The last spot would probably be best as Red, since Spiked Skin goes well with a healing strategy. Ironically, Sandstorm would be incredible in this setup, but no aquatic has that.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 18th, 2013, 7:50 pm

Would running an all aquatic team be effective, though? If so, what lineup would you recommend?

I went ahead and leveled the Red Carp first since has abilities that aren't just aquatic. Not sure what kind of team to create around it though. It may just become one of those pets that I leveled up for the sake of leveling up.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com