Account wide check.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us
Account wide check.

Post by Ruzgofdi » April 24th, 2012, 1:03 pm

Has anyone checked if account wide really is account wide in beta yet? I mean like copying over a toon with pets on one of the test servers, starting a lvl 1 alt on a different test server, and trying to access the copied character's pets with the fresh character?

Would check myself, but I'm still a few days away from WoW access.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Account wide check.

Post by Quintessence » April 24th, 2012, 3:33 pm

Last I checked the account wide feature is enabled on the beta. All toons, regardless of faction or server can access all the pets that you have through the Pet Journal. It's unknown if this is intentional though, and Blizzard might change it to restrict it to server / faction only. We'll have to wait and see!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Ruzgofdi » April 24th, 2012, 4:12 pm

Well, here's hoping it stays the way it is now. A small part of me likes the idea of having alts just so I can challenge my friends on other servers to duels with my main's collection. Or to join in on pet events on other servers without having to character transfer.

Sikker

Post by Sikker » April 24th, 2012, 8:01 pm

I'm almost sure it will stay crossserver , blizzard actually wants more things to be crossserver like heirlooms, and the only reason they don't do it is because of technical issues...but if they already got a proper crossserver pet system then there's no reason to remove it.

Though I do believe that they might change a few pets to faction only, running around on my night elf in stormwind with an argent gruntling felt kinda weird...