Pets I used to beat the new elite pets.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Cheeser
Pet Score:1464
Realm:Talnivarr-eu
Pets I used to beat the new elite pets.

Post by Cheeser » March 8th, 2013, 7:55 am

Hey, thought I'd just list what pets I used to beat the new elites.
Dno if they're supposed to be hard, but I did em all on first try.
Was considering doing a team with life exchange, but it made the whole thing seem boring so I skipped that, dno if it even works, but I guess you can try if you want ez mode on this whole chain.
Listed em by order I used em inn.
No-No: Highlands turkey, jade owl, deathwing (forgot to change him to wisp, but worked well, didn't have to even use him)
Ti'un the Wanderer: Highlands turkey, jade owl, wisp
Kafi: Tranquil mechanical yeti, clockwork gnome, wild golden hatchling. call lightning -> turret, didn't even get to use hatchling.
Dos'Ryga: Highland turkey, lil deathwing, snowy owl. Deathwing did the kill, snowy owl was not used, but I guess predatory strike would have been nice.
Lucky Yi: Molten hatchling, Kun-lai Runt, Flayer Youngling. Soloed by tanky hatchling.
Greyhoof: Tranquil mechanical yeti, Clockwork gnome, Snowy owl. Yeti got him low so just finished with owl.
Skitterer Xi'a: Shimmering Wyrmling, Jade owl, Snowy owl. Wisp might have been better, but wyrmling got him down a little and jade owl finished him.
Ka'wi the Gorger: Flayer youngling, Kun-Lai runt, Snowy owl. Finished with first 2, rampage ftw.(H'es a critter although wowhead stated him as a beast)
Nitun: Darkmoon Glowfly, Molten Hatchling, Snowy owl (guess this would have worked on some others too, dot him up with glowfly, tank with hatchling, switch back, dot and finish with either one)
Gorespine: Tranquil mechanical yeti, clockwork gnome, darkmoon tonk.

If anyone has better suggestions it's cool, I just wanted to share what I used.

Shandu
Pet Score:1313
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Re: Pets I used to beat the new elite pets.

Post by Shandu » March 8th, 2013, 8:11 am

Clockwork gnome makes mince-meat out of the new Beasts as you said, you have to use rocket though not turrets against the one in Dread Wastes as he has a shell shield type ability, the turrets are fine for the goat though :)

I also used the Runt against the critters and my Gilneal Raven against the Aquatics, other than that I usually go with two undeads, just for an emergency backup because of their rez.

Cheeser

Post by Cheeser » March 8th, 2013, 8:51 am

True :)

JediRose
Top Rater
Pet Score:7752
Realm:Gul'dan-us

Post by JediRose » March 8th, 2013, 10:18 am

I was having an issue with the Dos-Ryga(fish) in Kun-Lai Summit and didn't have any pets to beat him down with the heal he has. So a guildie suggested a roach with Apocalypse. Start with this pet and attack then switch him out and survive for 15 rounds. I used this on 4 of the elites and it only missed once.

I also used Tiny Harvester on beasts.

Thanks for sharing your list!

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » March 8th, 2013, 10:23 am

You have a couple of days to try to nab a CROW during the darkmoon fair, keep battling glowflies

Also, if you get a flying stone, STONE a Gilnean Raven

My Raven and Crow Tag team the hell out of those fabled Aquatic Pets

Darkness - Nocturnal Strike - Swap - Nocturnal Strike - Darkness - Swap Ect...

Also, A raven or Crow is an Excellent PVP Pet

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » March 8th, 2013, 11:16 am

The Sprite Darter Hatchling ability Life Exchange rules them all. Life Exchange, swap to a strong pet, swap back for another Life Exchange.

I usually have my Sprite Darter Hatchling, a strong pet vs. the type and then my Brilliant Kaliri. Figure, 25% means they'll be at 1000hp. Once they're down to 1000hp then Predatory Strike will finish them off.

It's so easy I've started branching off to try other teams just for fun.

My 9yr old was watching me this morning. I explained to her that the orange color means Legendary. She asked "Legendary as in how easy they are? Is that why they're legendary?" Laughed quite hard after that.

Lowbrowdeluxe
Pet Score:5394
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Lowbrowdeluxe » March 8th, 2013, 11:23 am

I just use double Bats and Brilliant Kaliri for the aquatics. Literally the first 3 flyers on my favorites list. Reckless Strike until dead, reckless strike until dead, predatory strike, done.

Eliza05
Pet Score:2628
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Eliza05 » March 8th, 2013, 12:18 pm

Have two main teams through these. For the aquatics just use 2 moths (right now use Amber and Garden exact same abilities) and make sure use alpha strike, cocoon, and moth dust, and the 3rd member of the team being one of my dragons or quick finsh off pets incase the moths didn't get it down. For the rest just keep clockworks gnome, Kun-lai Runt, and your favorite hard hitting finish pets ( personally usually Lil' Taregosa or Soul of the Aspect). Unless having some bad RNG they will all get the job down sometimes with just the first pet. Might change in Sunreaver Micro Sentry for my other hit as he is so much fun and can hit nice :-) .

Warlock
Top Rater
Pet Score:4667
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Warlock » March 8th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Talmar wrote:The Sprite Darter Hatchling ability Life Exchange rules them all. Life Exchange, swap to a strong pet, swap back for another Life Exchange.

I usually have my Sprite Darter Hatchling, a strong pet vs. the type and then my Brilliant Kaliri. Figure, 25% means they'll be at 1000hp. Once they're down to 1000hp then Predatory Strike will finish them off.

It's so easy I've started branching off to try other teams just for fun.

My 9yr old was watching me this morning. I explained to her that the orange color means Legendary. She asked "Legendary as in how easy they are? Is that why they're legendary?" Laughed quite hard after that.
This is what I've been doing. Life Exchange knocks them down to ~1500-2000 hp, and then they are easy to finish off.

Cheeser

Post by Cheeser » March 8th, 2013, 2:17 pm

I was considering brining out my sprite, but then I just thought...new content... might as well do it within reasonable conditions.
But ofcourse, it's in game :)

For the healing fish, it seemed quite easy with the turkey, got him quite low with him, it's a good bird. Deathwing is just roflomg damage so was easy to finish off once I had the fish at 1k hp... :)

Threnody
Pet Score:3078
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Threnody » March 9th, 2013, 6:33 am

Until Life Exchange or Impale gets nerfed, I'll keep using my Terrible Turnip, Sprite Darter Hatchling, and sub-level 10 Harbinger of Flame for all the legendaries.