Spectral Porcupette and my visit to isle of giants

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Spectral Porcupette and my visit to isle of giants

Post by Luciandk » March 6th, 2013, 10:17 pm

After finishing with hours of dailies and other assorted doings at the beginning of a lockout, and having collected several new pets. I turned my gaze towards the Isle of Giants. A quite interesting zone giving quite the vibe of vanila ungoro crater, but a much more dangerous place. Dont expect to easilly kill things there, Im a ilvl 489 elemental shaman and I could just about down the Primal Direhorn Hatchlings, but the Young Primal Devilsaurs was too much for me. But once I teamed up with others, things became a lot more manageable to do, spent some time 2man grinding with a dk, then a warlock and finally the first dk again. Took about 3 hours to collect 999 dinosaur bones and now I dont want to grind dinosaurs ever again!

But pretty much, depending on the size of the dino, the more bones it yields, with the biggest 5man dinos popping 40bones per kill. Though given the effort needed for those, I think its most efficient to 2man the skyscreamers which drops 16 bones per kill if you have a proper tank buddy, preferably a blood dk. The soloable direhorn hatchlings only gave 5-7 bones per kill, with the young devilsaurs give 11-12. Making the young devilsaurs the most efficient for 2 dps, 1 being a hunter or a warlock with tanky pet.

And from looking at the Spectral Porcupette, I think it a pet with much more potential and having far more interesting abilities than the abundant Zandalari raptors, which I find fairly uninspired. Also, the spectral porcupette is cageable, and you can repeat the turn in quest of 999 bones to gain more of them.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Spectral Porcupette and my visit to isle of giants

Post by Morlis » March 7th, 2013, 1:53 am

I killed the Dinomancers for the raptor pets, only drop 1 bone per kill. Also had my hunter there and was able to get the Ancient Tome of Dinomancy which lets hunters tame the Direhorns. Pretty cool. :)

I was there a couple hours at least got 100 bones and 3 of each raptor. I will go back and just kill dinos for the bones at some point. Mount will be 9999 bones, not sure I'll go for that but who knows. :)
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » March 7th, 2013, 5:29 am

Question about teaming up to grind the bones: Are they shared loot? Meaning, are they like the marks you get from the 5.1 daily area mobs? Where if a dinosaur drops 16 bones, all players each get the 16 bones, or only person who gets the loot from the mob gets the 16 bones?

Jin
Pet Score:5378
Realm:Eonar-eu

Post by Jin » March 7th, 2013, 6:13 am

The person who gets the loot gets the bones.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 7th, 2013, 10:18 am

Jin wrote:The person who gets the loot gets the bones.
It's really unfortunate that they're not shared loot. :(
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Coldfellow
Pet Score:2291
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Coldfellow » March 7th, 2013, 10:23 am

Me and a guildie were on the boat killing the Zandalari there, imo its the best way to get the raptor pets. Just pull the two Zandalari that are on the skiff and then use a potion of invisibility to sneak past the big dino. The mobs respawn very quickly and between the two of use had all three in half an hr or so with spares for the AH.