Share pet collecting news and advice.
Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us
Gusting Grimoire

Post by Syrrie » March 5th, 2013, 6:28 pm

Am I the only one severely disappointed that this pet that I paid actual money for is only uncommon quality?
Image Image

Livingdeath
Top Rater
Pet Score:3525
BattleTag®:Doctor#1657
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Re: Gusting Grimoire

Post by Livingdeath » March 5th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Really, it's uncommon? Is that a bug? Because I don't recall any other wowtcg pet being uncommon before.

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » March 5th, 2013, 6:36 pm

The Warcraftpets twitter account sent a question to Cory Stockton asking if that was intentional. Haven't seen a response yet. Hoping it's a bug, because all the other TCG pets have been rare.

Edit: Went to the official forums and found others complaining. It's listed as a known bug here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6413023639

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 5th, 2013, 7:57 pm

It's a known bug and will be hotfixed in the near future.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Almeisan
Pet Score:3703
BattleTag®:Izzy#2370
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Almeisan » March 6th, 2013, 4:01 am

I considered getting this companion, but in the end decided not to... as it is more or less the exact same model as Lofty Libram apart from some color changes basically. I caught a rare of the Lofty Libram without much hassle. I love buying WoW TCG cards, but honeslty, I wish Blizz would put some more effort into making these pets special instead of it being a slight variation of something already available in-game.

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » March 6th, 2013, 4:47 am

Good that I waited a bit with buying it, just found one for 3.70 USD with shipping on eBay :) Anyway, I agree, the model is way too similar to Lofty Libram (Grimoire has rounded corners, Libram has them sharp) and the skin is very similar, too.
Pet Battle-wise (PvP point of view) Grimoire seems to be the better one, very Warlock-style, with this combo: Curse of Doom - Agony - Fel Immolate - switch another pet