Is there a way?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us
Is there a way?

Post by Laraven » March 4th, 2013, 1:48 pm

I have seen many ppl selling pets that once you sell you can never again claim. Such as racial pets. I'm sure these must just be ppl who don't collect, but is there a way to sell some pets and still keep them for your main toon?

I know that toons on one account seem to share all pets. But some ppl seem to be selling Multiples or have doubles somehow. I have seen this with TCG pets.

I wonder how they are doing this.

Would buying a second WoW account, and transfering a toon to that account, then give the second account all the pets from the main account? Then allowing you to sell said pets and still have them on your main???

I know this is kinda shady, but I don't know if it's possible, and it don't seem to be breaking ToS. Anyone know?

Stonewallred
Pet Score:1825
Realm:Malfurion-us

Re: Is there a way?

Post by Stonewallred » March 4th, 2013, 1:55 pm

For racial pets, you just need to roll another toon of that race, iirc.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » March 4th, 2013, 1:56 pm

What pets do you mean, specifically?

If you mean pets like the Pandaren, Worgen or Goblin pets, every character of that race can claim one.
So if you have three Pandaren, you can collect three Jade Crane Chick pets and cage the extras.
ImageImage

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » March 4th, 2013, 1:58 pm

Racial pets are one pet per toon of that race so if you have say 4 goblins you can have 4 Shore Crawlers. TCG pets you can have as many of those as you want. You can have up to 3 learned at a time in your journal and 20 if you want in your bags.

As far as I know there are no pets that that are unavaible anymore that are even tradeable like the CE pets, the BC bat pet etc, those are all non-cageable.
Last edited by Dragonwizard on March 4th, 2013, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Formerruling » March 4th, 2013, 1:59 pm

Laraven wrote:I have seen many ppl selling pets that once you sell you can never again claim. Such as racial pets. I'm sure these must just be ppl who don't collect, but is there a way to sell some pets and still keep them for your main toon?

I know that toons on one account seem to share all pets. But some ppl seem to be selling Multiples or have doubles somehow. I have seen this with TCG pets.

I wonder how they are doing this.

Would buying a second WoW account, and transfering a toon to that account, then give the second account all the pets from the main account? Then allowing you to sell said pets and still have them on your main???

I know this is kinda shady, but I don't know if it's possible, and it don't seem to be breaking ToS. Anyone know?
Not possible, transferred toons will not bring pets with them (unless caged), so you cannot double all your pets for $25 lol.

The reason people have doubles is 1) when battle pets came out and pets were combined it left people with multiples if they had the pet on more than one character. 2) Cageable pets can be freely traded. I buy cheap multiples of some pets all the tome for resale

Ferry5
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Ferry5 » March 5th, 2013, 12:40 am

What kind of pet do you own?