How do i upgrade my poor/common/uncommon pet to Rare?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Deathcard
Pet Score:1379
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu
How do i upgrade my poor/common/uncommon pet to Rare?

Post by Deathcard » March 4th, 2013, 8:50 am

Hi new here on the forums so i dont know if its here i should post this, but ill do it anyway. I keep hearing from ppl that you can upgrade your pets to rare quality is this true? If so how do i get hold of this item that can do it? I have gotten one thing that could upgrade a humanoid pet to become rare. But i have no idea how i got it and where i got it from. So it would be rly nice if someone ould help me or if its just false information i have gotten :P

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Re: How do i upgrade my poor/common/uncommon pet to Rare?

Post by Mehetabel » March 4th, 2013, 9:40 am

The item to upgrade pets to rare is a Flawless Battle-Stone which can upgrade any pet OR a family specific battle stone, like Flawless Critter Battle-Stone which can only upgrade a pet of that family. The battle stones can be occasionally found when battling wild pets or in the Sack of Pet Supplies that you get when defeating the pet tamer NPC's.

The drop rate is completely random. I've gone a week without getting one then I've gotten five in one day.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » March 4th, 2013, 9:47 am

What you got was Flawless Humanoid Battle-Stone there is one for every type of battle pet like Critter, Beast, Dragonkin etc etc and the family specific stones are all BoP. There is also a BoE stone Flawless Battle-Stone that can be traded or bought off the AH.

These stones can be either found in Sack of Pet Supplies the bags you get when you complete a master tamer daily or they also have a low chance to just appear in your bags after you complete any wild pet battle. They have the highest drop chance in the daily bags and for the pet battles the higher the lvl of wild pets your fighting the higher chance you have at getting one to drop.

**EDIT**
Lol guess I was a little slow in typeing this.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » March 4th, 2013, 11:24 am

While the stones are a great way to upgrade pets, I would be careful what you use them on. The stones are fairly rare. I do all of the dailies that result in the sacks every day and I get maybe one every other day. Sometimes I go a few days without getting any and then one day I will get two.

Wild pets: For most of these just hunt them over and over till you get a rare. This may not be easy for some pets like Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling both of these I didn't hesitate to use a stone on since it was not easy to find these up, let alone farm for rares.

Rest of the pets: Many pets come in only uncommon variety, one example is Sea Pony, these are the pets that most are using the stones for.

Morlis
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 4th, 2013, 12:39 pm

To use a battle-stone, summon out the pet you want to upgrade, target it, and then right click the stone. You'll see your pet instantly go from poor/common/uncommon to rare in your Pet Journal.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Deathcard
Pet Score:1379
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Deathcard » March 4th, 2013, 4:31 pm

God tysvm for the awesome information! Gues ill have to do the pets dailys then ^^