Pet Score:10767
Realm:Mug'thol-us
Lucky

Post by Deqd » April 6th, 2012, 4:13 pm

Think today is the luckiest day ever.

Re: Lucky

Post by Guest » April 6th, 2012, 6:43 pm

Grats! It's always good to be on the lookout for bargains. :D

I brought mine for 3g on my Horde alt back in BC (before it was an epic item). Eagerly awaiting account wide pets so my main can have it. :P

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » April 6th, 2012, 8:24 pm

Wow, I thought the days of seeing that were over since it's a purple now. Congrats! :D

My Alliance collector found one a short while after Lich came out, on the Booty Bay auction house, at 4:00 am, for $500. I was surprised I didn't wake my husband, lol. But my Horde collector could never find it or farm it, and I wasn't sure what would happen when Cata came out. So I sent a message to someone on the Alliance side from a low level toon I had there, asking them if they'd put it on the neutral if it expired on the Alliance AH. The first person I asked, didn't reply. But the second one did, and sure enough it showed up on the neutral for around 10,000 (just about all the gold I had at the time). I was extremely grateful and nabbed it up. And on that server the price of Hyacinths never really has dropped, so it was a reasonable price.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

NoxCrucifix
Top Rater
Pet Score:7397
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by NoxCrucifix » April 12th, 2012, 4:00 pm

Grats on the steal! I bought mine for 1,000g a while back. Was so lucky to have caught that before someone else found him on the AH. He was my 150th pet, too :)

Rmd83

Post by Rmd83 » April 14th, 2012, 8:22 am

Lysi wrote:Wow, I thought the days of seeing that were over since it's a purple now. Congrats! :D

My Alliance collector found one a short while after Lich came out, on the Booty Bay auction house, at 4:00 am, for $500. I was surprised I didn't wake my husband, lol. But my Horde collector could never find it or farm it, and I wasn't sure what would happen when Cata came out. So I sent a message to someone on the Alliance side from a low level toon I had there, asking them if they'd put it on the neutral if it expired on the Alliance AH. The first person I asked, didn't reply. But the second one did, and sure enough it showed up on the neutral for around 10,000 (just about all the gold I had at the time). I was extremely grateful and nabbed it up. And on that server the price of Hyacinths never really has dropped, so it was a reasonable price.
If it was on the N. AH it was probably a goof up or someone was trying to transfer gold, there is a method to making gold called sniping which i'm sure everyone has heard of but for newer players it's simply camping the AH for rediculously low prices either because someone is transferring gold, making quick gold, or goofed up on price :P

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » April 14th, 2012, 11:58 am

Rmd83 wrote:If it was on the N. AH it was probably a goof up or someone was trying to transfer gold, there is a method to making gold called sniping which i'm sure everyone has heard of but for newer players it's simply camping the AH for rediculously low prices either because someone is transferring gold, making quick gold, or goofed up on price :P
This was before the Hyacinth was purple, and some people hadn't gotten into pets yet since they'd only recently been made into spells. At the time, I figured someone had it drop since it drops there in Stranglethorn, and knew it was worth something but didn't realize how much and plopped it on the AH. I didn't know about people moving stuff over the neutral yet, I'd never risk it myself. In retrospect, yes, that could have been it. All I can say is I didn't get any angry mail about it.

I just checked the release dates of Wrath and BC. When I started playing, BC was the only expansion. I always described myself as starting shortly after BC came out, but now that I look at the dates, I'm wrong. I started playing in the summer of 2008, long after BC was out. So I was maybe playing about 6 months when this happened. I don't know what levels my characters were at the time, but not near top level. I was making a lot of my gold selling pets and recipes on the neutral, so I was checking it several times a day.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Rmd83

Post by Rmd83 » April 14th, 2012, 2:09 pm

Lysi wrote:
Rmd83 wrote:If it was on the N. AH it was probably a goof up or someone was trying to transfer gold, there is a method to making gold called sniping which i'm sure everyone has heard of but for newer players it's simply camping the AH for rediculously low prices either because someone is transferring gold, making quick gold, or goofed up on price :P
This was before the Hyacinth was purple, and some people hadn't gotten into pets yet since they'd only recently been made into spells. At the time, I figured someone had it drop since it drops there in Stranglethorn, and knew it was worth something but didn't realize how much and plopped it on the AH. I didn't know about people moving stuff over the neutral yet, I'd never risk it myself. In retrospect, yes, that could have been it. All I can say is I didn't get any angry mail about it.

I just checked the release dates of Wrath and BC. When I started playing, BC was the only expansion. I always described myself as starting shortly after BC came out, but now that I look at the dates, I'm wrong. I started playing in the summer of 2008, long after BC was out. So I was maybe playing about 6 months when this happened. I don't know what levels my characters were at the time, but not near top level. I was making a lot of my gold selling pets and recipes on the neutral, so I was checking it several times a day.
Ahh ok, thought it was recently :P

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » April 14th, 2012, 2:19 pm

I got my original Disgusting Oozeling for 2g in Vanilla from the AH! Didn't know it was rare, just had a friend tell me it was his favorite pet.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!