Pierre no caging no trading engineer only pet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tadedra
Pet Score:7267
Realm:Kul Tiras-us
Pierre no caging no trading engineer only pet

Post by Tadedra » February 25th, 2013, 4:33 pm

Oh no!!! More Pierre Updates, say it ain't so. I only have 1 lvl 90 and one 85. neither have engineering. So now I'll need to power level the 85 and drop one of the professions to then level engineering for 1 pet. I though we were moving away from that.

Anyone have any good leveling guides.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Re: Pierre no caging no trading engineer only pet

Post by Gendou » February 25th, 2013, 4:41 pm

Tadedra wrote:Anyone have any good leveling guides.
Here is the site I use to level professions.

Ugh. My engineer is 600, but he's only L83. I wasn't planning on leveling him, but now it looks like I'll have to.
Damn it, Blizzard. Stop punishing people for having alts. :evil:
ImageImage

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 25th, 2013, 6:19 pm

Here's a Wowhead guide on leveling engineering that I plan on using in 5.2 to get Pierre.

Thank goodness you only need 500 engineering to learn the recipes! If they change the skill requirement just before the patch goes live, I'm going to be a very sad druid. >_<
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mowse
Pet Score:2572
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Mowse » February 25th, 2013, 6:36 pm

Engineering is really not fun to level, but I promise you won't regret it! Nearly all of my toons are engineers :3 It's the most fun profession by far!

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114

Post by GilroyKilroy » February 25th, 2013, 8:49 pm

Glad I am an engineer :)

On my achy I have been transmuting living steel so I have enough for when 5.2 goes live (and have been buying up ghost iron ore too.)

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » February 25th, 2013, 10:19 pm

Where does Pierre's Schematic drop?

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » February 25th, 2013, 11:48 pm

I've been engi since vanilla when Lil' Smokey and the Pet Bombling were BoP (went Goblin on one toon and Gnome on the other just for them) and you had to farm the recipes from renewing engineer membership. Nice to see we're getting an engineer only pet back in the game. :D

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Post by Quintessence » February 26th, 2013, 1:50 am

Gwenolyn wrote:Where does Pierre's Schematic drop?
I haven't tested this myself, but a Wowhead comment mentions that it comes from Notes on Lightning Stabilization, which is a reward from the quest Stabilized Lightning Source. That quest is started from the item Peculiar Energy Source (drops off of Itoka, an NPC on the Isle of Thunder).

The Notes on Lightning Stabilization apparently also drops the recipe for the Stabalized Lightning Source, a material that's necessary to craft Pierre.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » February 26th, 2013, 7:08 am

While I'm lucky that my main is an engineer, I understand everyone's frustration with it. I'd feel the exact same way if the pets from the tailoring daily cooldown couldn't be traded.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » February 26th, 2013, 11:11 am

My main is also an engineer. Although I'm quite surprised that this pet is so exclusive considering they removed the exclusivity from every other profession pet out there.

Contesa
Pet Score:3999
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Contesa » February 26th, 2013, 1:08 pm

Talmar wrote:My main is also an engineer. Although I'm quite surprised that this pet is so exclusive considering they removed the exclusivity from every other profession pet out there.
I keep thinking they'll change it, or that somebody forgot to check a box somewhere. It just makes no sense in relation to all the other pets. And if they release it this way and then change it later, that will just irritate people that change profs to get it during the time before the change.

Blizzard please make sense!
Love always,
Contesa
who made her first 1,000g back in the day on her warlock selling thorium arrows. Which I know makes me sound really really old.

Gendou

Post by Gendou » February 26th, 2013, 3:01 pm

Contesa wrote:who made her first 1,000g back in the day on her warlock selling thorium arrows. Which I know makes me sound really really old.
I made my first thousand selling Brown Prairie Dog on the neutral AH for 50-100g each.

Unlike cockroaches and snakes, prairie dogs were cute and not a lot of people knew where to find them.
So there was a market for them Alliance-side.
I'm sure some Alliance guy was buying them all and reselling them for 200g each. :mrgreen:

Then Burning Crusade came out, everyone re-rolled as Blood Elves, and no-one wanted to buy Prairie Dogs anymore. :cry:
ImageImage

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » February 26th, 2013, 3:10 pm

I doubt I'm on your realm, but I made plenty of gold buying the horde pets off the neutral AH and selling them at a massive markup on the Alliance AH. So thank you for listing them. :) Personally, I made my first thousand selling Green Dragonscale Leggings.

That's a good point, that none of the other pets crafted from professions require that profession anymore. Why go against that norm now, forcing the collectors to switch to engineering or level their engineer? My engineer is level 85 and probably third in the "to be leveled next" line. Her skill is high enough, but she's not going to be on the Isle of Thunder any time soon.

Gendou

Post by Gendou » February 26th, 2013, 3:16 pm

Yalina wrote:That's a good point, that none of the other pets crafted from professions require that profession anymore. Why go against that norm now, forcing the collectors to switch to engineering or level their engineer? My engineer is level 85 and probably third in the "to be leveled next" line. Her skill is high enough, but she's not going to be on the Isle of Thunder any time soon.
Yeah, I'm really hoping it's an oversight. It's frustrating to have a pet locked into a particular profession.
ImageImage

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » February 26th, 2013, 4:06 pm

My first 1000g came from selling unholy enchant. Took a long time for crusader to drop for me, but I was one of only two people on my server with that one.

For anyone wondering, the first thousand gold was noteworthy because that's how much it cost to buy a 100% speed land mount (it used to be the skill was cheap and the mounts were expensive before they changed it). It took most people weeks/months to save up that much.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » February 26th, 2013, 7:06 pm

Ysabell wrote:My first 1000g came from selling unholy enchant. Took a long time for crusader to drop for me, but I was one of only two people on my server with that one.

For anyone wondering, the first thousand gold was noteworthy because that's how much it cost to buy a 100% speed land mount (it used to be the skill was cheap and the mounts were expensive before they changed it). It took most people weeks/months to save up that much.
I AV'd for the frost wolf

Xsftifa09
Top Rater
Pet Score:5692
BattleTag®:Mysa#1302
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Xsftifa09 » March 1st, 2013, 4:54 pm

Pierre isn't going to be released in the patch now. :cry:
https://twitter.com/mumper/status/307553475158478848

Gendou

Post by Gendou » March 1st, 2013, 5:27 pm

Xsftifa09 wrote:Pierre isn't going to be released in the patch now. :cry:
https://twitter.com/mumper/status/307553475158478848
Well, at least that gives me a little breathing room to level my hunter. :?
ImageImage

Xsftifa09
Top Rater
Pet Score:5692
BattleTag®:Mysa#1302
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Xsftifa09 » March 1st, 2013, 5:48 pm

I just got my hunter to 90 last night and have been working on my Eng for 2 days now. :( guess I won't have to work on it as hard as I have been. :cry:

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » March 1st, 2013, 5:53 pm

Well poo, I had already gathered the mats for him etc.
- Taking your candles since 2005