Anti-Snowman/Runt/Bear team?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Shandu
Pet Score:1313
Realm:Saurfang-eu
Anti-Snowman/Runt/Bear team?

Post by Shandu » February 26th, 2013, 11:58 pm

Hey all,

I seem to do okay beating people with a lot of different teams, but the one team that always trips me up is the Baby Blizzard Bear, Snowman and Runt. The bear is usually faster than rag or something that can do some serious damage, so all they do is stun/blizzard/stunlock me.

I've tried using elementals but usually they can get around that by taking Nova on the Snowman. I don't always lose, and have won by taking the Water spirit to geyser-stun them before they can do some major damage.

Any help is appreciated, ideally a group of pets that wont suck against everything OTHER than the deep freeze comp :)

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Re: Anti-Snowman/Runt/Bear team?

Post by Stabya » February 27th, 2013, 8:36 am

They are nerfing stunlocks to some degree with "Resiliance" in 5.2

Personally, I am waiting for Next tuesday to PVP with the new nerfs and changes. Bye Bye FFF!!!!

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » February 27th, 2013, 11:40 am

I believe you would do quite well with Grassland Cottontail S/S - it is pretty fast (325), Burrow hits for 455, Flurry hits for 280 or 420. Being that fast, Dodge actually provides you up to 2 rounds of dodge and you get another one from Burrow.

You can couple it with a Shimmershell Snail H/H or H/P (with snails being slow, get a breed that doesnt waste points on speed). You will have some healing (Absorb heals and damages for 203), damage increase debuff (Acid Goo) and Dive, which is a dodge/nuke combo that hits for 568 (853 on an elemental) and quite high HP of 1790 (all those numbers are for H/P breed)

Both being critter means reduced damage from elemental abilities (Blizzard, Deep Dreeze, etc.) and on fast critters stun has no effect. So your cottontail is very hard to hit and almost unstunnable.
Critters suffer additional damage from Beast abilities but not many popular pets have those tbh... so the team seems to be quite universal.

My two cents

Shandu
Pet Score:1313
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Shandu » February 27th, 2013, 8:15 pm

As far as I know with Blizzard up, deep freeze DOES stun critters? because i tried with my 25 tolai hare (fast, dodge, burrow) and he gets stunned. Bear is also a beast, so owns my rabbit :(

Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Formerruling » February 27th, 2013, 8:33 pm

Shandu wrote:As far as I know with Blizzard up, deep freeze DOES stun critters? because i tried with my 25 tolai hare (fast, dodge, burrow) and he gets stunned. Bear is also a beast, so owns my rabbit :(
The stun ends on the turn it is applied though so as long as your rabbit attacked first the stun effectively does nothing

Deepfriedegg

Post by Deepfriedegg » February 28th, 2013, 3:35 am

Shandu wrote:As far as I know with Blizzard up, deep freeze DOES stun critters? because i tried with my 25 tolai hare (fast, dodge, burrow) and he gets stunned. Bear is also a beast, so owns my rabbit :(
You still have your third pet, right? It can be something like Emperor Crab P/P

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » March 2nd, 2013, 4:11 pm

Try the Broom. Every time the snowman is up "sweep" him into the backline, since the broom is one of the fastest possible pets this shouldn't be a problem.

You want to avoid the recast of blizzard as often as you can, so you also need at least one pet with a weathereffect, just to counter the blizzard (always wait for the blizzard to go first, may hurt; but not as much as the stun from the follower).

When the bear is up you need some damage to force him to heal - if he heals he wont do any damage ... and this gives you the time to get your CDs back up again (because he will switch to the snowman as soon as possible).

It is one of the more difficult trios, but doable. I use Broom/Stinker/Idol, bear/snowman/runt is especially hard because he has 2x weather, although I have never seen this in action (but had 2 Snowman+Runt once or twice - same problems).

I won, but it was close every time.

(I always wonder why no one complains about my combo - this one guarantees a 9 out of 10 times win, the 1 lose being very unlucky or having a very good or special combo against me (but those combos are rare and not close to any of the favourite ones)

PS: I think lil Rag is one of the weaker favorite pets atm, since he is so easily contered by the Idol

Deepfriedegg

Post by Deepfriedegg » March 4th, 2013, 9:37 am

Spary wrote:PS: I think lil Rag is one of the weaker favorite pets atm, since he is so easily contered by the Idol
Idols will be quite surprised when you use Conflagrate as your first move without Flamethrower. The first hit will deal 60% more damage in 5.2 so he will be down to 950HP while you will be at 1030 after his Sandstorm.
After that? Rag´s Sulfuras Smash will not be enough to beat Idol´s Crush + racial + one more Sandstorm, unless Anub misses.