Anodized Robo Cub Solution

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Iconyx
Pet Score:2660
Realm:Magtheridon-us
Anodized Robo Cub Solution

Post by Iconyx » February 24th, 2013, 6:45 pm

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but capturing pets mid-flight between flight nodes (i.e. talk to Flight Masters) is possible, and it skips the CRZ nonsense.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=62317#comments:id=1800184

This is a guide for Minfernal, but also works for the Anodized Robo Cub. Follow the post's instructions. It may take a few attempts, like he said, but it does seem to work. If you don't feel like going to the WoWHead page, I listed the instructions in brief below:

1) Head to Nordrassil in Hyjal
2) Take the flight path to Everlook
3) Bind "Interact With Target" to any key of your choosing (Game Menu - Key Bindings - Targeting Functions subheading, scroll down about 1/3 of the way from the top)
4) Make the following macro and bind it to another key:

/target Anodized Robo Cub

5) As you approach Everlook, start spamming the target macro. When a Robo Cub is targeted, spam the Interact With Target key that you made.
6) Battle as you normally would and capture the pet you want.

BONUS ROUND: I fiddled around with this a little bit, but couldn't get it to work the way I wanted it to. Basically, any time you take a flight path between your realm and a CRZ, you'll remain in your realm until the flight ends. However, engaging in a pet battle mid-flight and waiting until you "land" to finish the battle (according to your toon's marker on the zone map) keeps you in flight limbo. When the pet battle is over, you will remain mounted on the flight master's mount, but you can control its movement! The range of movement is limited to a very small area - leave the area and you'll disconnect from the server. However, this window of movement - call it taxiing - allows you to capture pets not usually accessible due to CRZ, most notably the Anodized Robo Cubs near Everlook.
Last edited by Iconyx on February 24th, 2013, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mowse
Pet Score:2572
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Re: Anodized Robo Cub Solution

Post by Mowse » February 24th, 2013, 7:04 pm

I was trying this for the minfernal, but I could never get close enough to one. Frustrated, I was flying back after one of my attempts and one had spawned :3 For the andonized robo cub, I used the dk I'd made on Venture Co and there were 6 of them up. I recommend that server to anyone trying to find rares, as it is usually vacant. I got my fluxfire there as well.