Share pet collecting news and advice.
Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us
Porcupette Blues

Post by Morlis » February 15th, 2013, 12:46 pm

As I am sure many others are experiencing, I am not having a lot of luck getting Porcupette.

So I thought I would ask how others are doing?

Do you open each sack as you get them or save them till the end of the day and open them all at once?

When I first started I opened every sack right away and thought, hmm, maybe if I wait and open them all at once the karma gods will smile upon me! I have been trying for a few weeks all at the end...

Karma gods ---> :(

Haven't counted, but I imagine somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 opened so far. (12 at once for the last couple of weeks)

Morlis
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Polynices
Pet Score:4688
Realm:Cenarius-us

Re: Porcupette Blues

Post by Polynices » February 15th, 2013, 12:59 pm

They weren't very expensive on my server so I just gave up and bought one.

Got one out of a bag a few days later. No joke.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » February 15th, 2013, 1:01 pm

I've opened north of 750 bags (not including the Spirit Tamer bags) since starting down this road.
(that's actually a conservative estimate based on doing the tamer dailies every day since getting the Tamer achievement - it's not counting any of the bags I won before that, nor does it count the bags I earned leveling up)

I open my EK/Kal/Out/North/Cata bags all at once on my Mage.
Then I do the Pandaria dailies on my Priest and open all of those bags at once.

I have yet to see a single Porcupette.

I have every Pandaren Spirit, multiple times over (enough to give my wife a full set, when she's never done a single daily).
I have multiple Flawless Whatever Stones (anyone want to trade for Flawless Undead Stones?).

But Porcupette? Nope. Image
ImageImage

Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Formerruling » February 15th, 2013, 1:16 pm

At the current rate they go for you could afford one simply off the quest reward gold doing that many dailies lol

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » February 15th, 2013, 2:04 pm

Formerruling wrote:At the current rate they go for you could afford one simply off the quest reward gold doing that many dailies lol
Only one has shown up on my AH, and it was going for 20K, which is about 4x more than I'm willing to spend on a pet.
ImageImage

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » February 15th, 2013, 2:13 pm

I usually skip the tamers in Icecrown and SMV but had some extra time to kill this morning and did them. Got Porcupette out of the second of those bags.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » February 15th, 2013, 3:51 pm

I finished all the tamer quests and started doing all the dailies that awarded bags shortly after 5.1 released. After months of opening all 12 bags each day I finally got my Porcupette about a week and a half ago. Added to that was one of my friends, returning to the game after a couple years started in with pet battles and linked the little guy after doing the very first chain of quests that ends in the Cape of Stranglethorn (for Alliance). RNG can be a cruel, cruel mistress.

Constants
Pet Score:4561
Realm:Akama-us

Post by Constants » February 16th, 2013, 11:27 am

I'd keep watching your AH. I found two dumped on our AH for 200g last week. I think they drop in clusters and then get dumped on the ah.

Good luck to you!

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » February 16th, 2013, 12:53 pm

RNG can be a pain. I still have no darkmoon eye, but my wife got it in her first bag. Yet I've gotten 3 porcupettes. I usually trade my extras and others on here do too, so you can check there too.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » February 19th, 2013, 4:35 pm

Got mine in a bag the DAY after I broke down and bought one off the AH.

Oh well, I knew it would happen.

Tempestnight
MVP
Pet Score:11559
BattleTag®:Tempest#1262
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Tempestnight » February 19th, 2013, 4:58 pm

I also decided to open all my bags at the end of my round tamer trip in the hopes the RNG gods would be nice and the first day it worked!
I got my Porcupette!
But since Ive had awful luck! never once getting any spirits and barely a stone, still i search for the flowing spirit, having brought my others from the AH
I think all my luck got all used up on this spiky little dude.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » February 19th, 2013, 6:59 pm

3 more days, 12 more bags opened each day, no Porcupette. I also still do all four of the spirit sacks even though I don't need to. I have a spare air, water and fire spirit now just from the past 3 days. I am assuming Porcy (if I ever get it that's what I will call it, though I may call it PITA) does not drop from the spirit sacks so only the 12 normal sacks.

Morlis
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » February 19th, 2013, 7:22 pm

Hey morlis, the spirits do not drop the porcupette. I do have one in my trade collection, we can see if we can work something out. Tahsfenz#1414 is my BT, or Shadwin in the warcraftpets guild(I saw your other post).

Taurnek22
Top Rater
Pet Score:2460
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Taurnek22 » February 19th, 2013, 11:53 pm

Finally got my Porcupette today.

Did all the trainers with my main, didn't open any of the bags until I had them all. Had to name him Pia, for Pain in A@@. Good luck to everyone out there still trying for him. just keep opening bags, eventually he'll be in one.

Livingdeath
Top Rater
Pet Score:3525
BattleTag®:Doctor#1657
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Livingdeath » February 20th, 2013, 2:38 am

LOL!

I was literally writing a post to complain about how I've been doing this for months and have never seen Porcupette as I was flying my main from trainer to trainer just now. As I wrote an expletive ridden (okay not really) post, I had an errant thought "Wouldn't it be funny if I pushed 'Submit' on this post and I got him immediately afterwards."

I think you can see where this is going.

Turns out the universe had a laugh at my expense and dropped him off the 3rd trainer I faced today (Aki).

I named him Sonic (I know, not original) for nostalgia's sake, but was SO tempted to name him Taurnek because I'm looking at this situation as the universe having a laugh at my expense.

Whoo hoo!! 510 pets!

Legolasgirl
Pet Score:3444
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Legolasgirl » February 20th, 2013, 3:21 am

I generally have horrible luck getting pets (had to buy my macaw, firefly and all the whelplings except blue off the AH cause after months of farming I finally gave up), so I was pleasantly surprised to find this guy in the very first bag I ever got. The one from defeating the first tamer in elwynn forest :shock: Of course to make up for it I didn't get the terrible turnip in my garden until about two days ago, despite having two full farms that I took care of daily, plus a couple other toons with their first plots.