Best Pet to use a Flawless Battlestone on?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Spyone1
Pet Score:2486
Realm:Aman'Thul-us
Best Pet to use a Flawless Battlestone on?

Post by Spyone1 » February 8th, 2013, 4:29 pm

Hi all. My first post. Thanks heaps for this site. Once I can arrange a contribution around six kids, I will do so.

I started playing with the battle side of companion pets 2 weeks ago and, thanks to a very understanding wife, I managed to get to 400 pets relatively quickly, although I only have a handful at 25 so far.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/spyone1/

I found that I got a Flawless Battlestone (one that isn't restricted to a family) but for the life of me I cannot figure out which pet would be the best to use it on.

Would people mind giving me some suggestions please? (Keep in mind I am a noob at this, so some explanation of WHY you are suggesting that pet would be greatly appreciated).

Cheers
Greg

Enmity
Pet Score:3181
Realm:Tanaris-us

Re: Best Pet to use a Flawless Battlestone on?

Post by Enmity » February 8th, 2013, 5:56 pm

My advice hold on to it till you find out what the next flavor of pet is, for instance the anubas idol pet is considered op, and the flux feline also considered op, but once 5.2 hits people will be scrambling for the next big wackem pet, so save it, another option sell it for some major cash, and purchase some of the pets you may not be able to get by yourself, but I would save that puppy for something super uber if you are interested in any type of pvp battle, I always seem to get one or other type of upgrade out of my bags for familys so that isn't so much a issue, but there is greed out there, and maybe you should take advantage of it

Bulldoug
MVP
Pet Score:4453
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Bulldoug » February 8th, 2013, 5:59 pm

If you don't want to sell it and use it on one of your pets, I suggest using it on one of the harder pets to find. Three come to mind right away: Scourged Whelpling, Baby Ape, and Minifernal. Provided you plan to get those pets.

Spyone1
Pet Score:2486
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Spyone1 » February 8th, 2013, 6:30 pm

Bulldoug wrote:If you don't want to sell it and use it on one of your pets, I suggest using it on one of the harder pets to find. Three come to mind right away: Scourged Whelpling, Baby Ape, and Minifernal. Provided you plan to get those pets.
Ty for the responses.

I have all three, Scourged Whelpling already Rare. Would it be better on one of the pets that are "hard" to get, or would I be better advised to use it on a pet that cannot be tamed as rare?

Good idea about waiting for 5.2 as well

Bulldoug
MVP
Pet Score:4453
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Bulldoug » February 8th, 2013, 7:24 pm

If you don't mind the extra time to tame a hard to find/get wild pet, then I would definitely use it for one that cannot be gotten as a rare.

Then it all goes back to what pet you like best; and whether 5.2 might be worth waiting. I don't think 5.2 is that much of a wait. Have we gotten a date on it yet?

Whatever you do, enjoy the your result.

I used mine on a Minifernal. I have only gotten two over 4 servers and they have both been poor. So it was great to use the stone on it for me. :D

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » February 8th, 2013, 9:29 pm

I would use it on a pet that is useful in battles right now but can't be captured as rare. Jade Owl would be a great choice. So would Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling or the Enchanted Broom. All of them have attacks that are strong against families that have weak attacks against them and are useful on many tamers and wild pet fights.

You'll get more stones to use on pets that you're making rare for the sake of having rares but there's no sense upgrading them when you can upgrade useful ones.

Shurs
Pet Score:7124
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Shurs » February 8th, 2013, 9:40 pm

ive gotten 4 or 5 of them over the last 2 weeks and ive been using them on the pets that cannot be caught. I use them on beasts or critters cause it takes more stones to make them all rare whereas dragons and humanoids i only need a couple stones each to be done with.

Waddatoe
Pet Score:2076
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Waddatoe » February 9th, 2013, 10:34 am

Bulldoug wrote:If you don't want to sell it and use it on one of your pets, I suggest using it on one of the harder pets to find. Three come to mind right away: Scourged Whelpling, Baby Ape, and Minifernal. Provided you plan to get those pets.

I agree with this post. I used the one I found on Scourged Whelpling, because it was very time consuming to get and I hadn't come across an undead family stone yet when I finally caught it.

Corah
Pet Score:13318
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Corah » February 9th, 2013, 11:48 am

If you're going to use a stone on a pet do two things first. Make sure it's the breed you want and level it to 25 before using the stone on it. That way you get credit for leveling it to 25 twice for achievement purposes.

Lisanette
Top Rater
Pet Score:6418
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Lisanette » February 12th, 2013, 3:09 am

I would sell it, or use it on a critter or beast.

If you are going to battle long enough and/or hunt rare versions of all the wild ones in the breed you want and/or do the dailies, family-stones will drop. But with the high number of critters and beast, I think I only will have those left in the end.

I am leveling all my "pets to stone" to 15. Then they wont drop any levels. I will get 75 to 25 in time anyway, but dont wanna do the 23-25 over and over again.
I <3 my Wolfie
[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anwxfm9jABocdDItb1N6QlhvbnMzQVVHQWgtOVBnWFE]Google-doc with all breeds and ability sets[/url]
[url=http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151106511417504.417452.700887503&type=3]Facebook photoalbum with pet-related stuff[/url]