Here be a rant.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803
Here be a rant.

Post by Dash » February 8th, 2013, 8:41 am

That would be super if pets that rez (UD and mecha) could, well, actually enjoy their racial bonus... Whenever I pvp (which is not everyday but still), my pets rez perhaps once every 3 fights if I'm generous ... It's really annoying and frustrating when you're counting on that specific extra round in your strategy.

I'm using my old friend the robot-chicken for the Major Payne fight, and it also happens every other day it seems, so it's not (always) because I'm being stomped on by a fluxfire feline.

Alrighty, rant over :p

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Re: Here be a rant.

Post by Mykro9 » February 8th, 2013, 8:50 am

My understanding is that this is a known bug that will be addressed and hopefully fixed in 5.2.
mykro9#1585

Shurs
Pet Score:7124
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Shurs » February 8th, 2013, 9:12 am

I thought that if the opposing pet does more damage than what ur pet will res at it doesnt get ressed. That seems to be the case whenever it happens to me but i could be wrong

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » February 8th, 2013, 9:25 am

No, it happens always and exactly always if it gets killed when hit by a 2-round-ability ("pump", "wind-up", anything else?) thats especially annoying if its that damned fluxcat ...

Its considered a bug and hopefully will be fixed soon.

PS: I learned about it at the trainer in Townlong Steppes, was wondering why he allways killed my mech lvlpets with his pump (I was using one of his pumps to switch in for the exp, sure to be rezzed and switch it out again - just to see him killing that damned pet always ;) )

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » February 8th, 2013, 9:31 am

Shurs wrote:I thought that if the opposing pet does more damage than what ur pet will res at it doesnt get ressed. That seems to be the case whenever it happens to me but i could be wrong
My observation matches what you said, but this is not the intended effect of the racials. I don't have the source available ATM, but a Blizzard rep said that this was a known issue, that will be fixed, and all mechs and undead will always return to life after killed no matter the amount of damage taken to kill it.
mykro9#1585

Shurs
Pet Score:7124
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Shurs » February 8th, 2013, 12:17 pm

something i noticed is what about lift off? if 2 pets use it shouldnt the first pet miss all the time?

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » February 8th, 2013, 2:13 pm

Mykro9 wrote:...a Blizzard rep said that this was a known issue, that will be fixed, and all mechs and undead will always return to life after killed no matter the amount of damage taken to kill it.
It's not a matter of how much damage they take, it's the ability that kills them. If a mech or UD is killed by Pump or Wind-Up, they won't get their passive ability rez, as Spary said. If this happens, the opponent also doesn't lose the Pump/Wind-Up buff and can immediately use it again.

The mech rez can additionally be defeated by multi-hit abilities, since dying doesn't end the round. E.g. if a mech dies to the first hit of Conflagrate, and then rezzes, the 2nd hit of Conflagrate will still happen and probably kill him for good. It's not the magnitude of the damage in this case either. If a mech has 1 health and dies for the first time to Deep Breath for 1000 damage, it rezzes.
Shurs wrote:something i noticed is what about lift off? if 2 pets use it shouldnt the first pet miss all the time?
Lift-Off gives the pet the 'flying high' buff: pets usually can't hit a pet with 'flying high,' but If both pets are 'flying high', they can hit each other. Same goes for 'underground' (Burrow and Dive). This kind of makes sense, but it isn't described in the abilities.

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » February 8th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Spary wrote: PS: I learned about it at the trainer in Townlong Steppes, was wondering why he allways killed my mech lvlpets with his pump (I was using one of his pumps to switch in for the exp, sure to be rezzed and switch it out again - just to see him killing that damned pet always ;) )
for the The Townlong steppes trainer (Zusshi is it?), I'm using the Gilnean raven : I try to grab a dot from the snail to escape the strider's sleep ability, cast nevermore right before his first pump, then laugh in his face as he stands powerless while I finish him promptly. The raven and Snarly make a great duo against this trainer.

Lowbrowdeluxe
Pet Score:5394
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Lowbrowdeluxe » February 9th, 2013, 2:56 am

Dash wrote:
Spary wrote: PS: I learned about it at the trainer in Townlong Steppes, was wondering why he allways killed my mech lvlpets with his pump (I was using one of his pumps to switch in for the exp, sure to be rezzed and switch it out again - just to see him killing that damned pet always ;) )
for the The Townlong steppes trainer (Zusshi is it?), I'm using the Gilnean raven : I try to grab a dot from the snail to escape the strider's sleep ability, cast nevermore right before his first pump, then laugh in his face as he stands powerless while I finish him promptly. The raven and Snarly make a great duo against this trainer.
I just use a bat and snarly. Snarly kills the elemental, damages the critter (and sometimes has to stop and switch before killing it) Bat finishes critter in a hit or two with Bite, then just reckless-reckless-reckless dead strider. Dot from snail helps if a reckless misses but I don't really worry about it much.

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » February 10th, 2013, 10:09 am

I dont have any problems killing him ;) I just recognized this bug while switching in the lvlpet (and because I thought it was mechanical and so is undieable i used it at the pump to avoid it for the 2 other lvl 25s).
But because it IS bugged it wont rezz and thats where I recognized it (and then asumed it for the fluxability, because they allways oneshottet my little scorched whelpling while it shouldnt be that way) - on the other hand: now I use the Broom vs Flux and I really love to kill it with wind-up ... is your little kitty not getting another 2 rounds, eh? :evil:

Amithyst
Top Rater
Pet Score:11246
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Amithyst » February 11th, 2013, 8:02 am

I must be unlucky, the ones I fight against in pvp always rez, >.< is very annoying. But yeah I can see how them not rezing would suck for the people using them.