MoP and pets on individual characters

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Elvoth
Pet Score:1849
Realm:Shadowsong-eu
MoP and pets on individual characters

Post by Elvoth » April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am

Hello fellow pet collectors,

I have a question for those of you who may be in the MoP beta (still waiting for my own annual beta key).

Currently a character have his/her own pets, e.g. on my main character I have 166 pets, now in MoP, pets will be shared across your bnet account rather on your char, but does this means the individual characters "achivement" is lost as well? e.g. Character will no longer have X amount of pets? The reason i ask is because if they're no longer shown as a characters own pets, it will make obtaining Dark Moon Faire pets so much faster as you can then collect the pets on several characters, however if your character still maintains a certain individuality in regards to the pets collected then i would rather collect them all on my main.

Sorry for this rather long post, and I hope you can follow my thoughts on the question.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: MoP and pets on individual characters

Post by Quintessence » April 1st, 2012, 4:14 am

At the moment there are two "collections": Account wide (Pet Journal) and individual character collections (spellbook companion tab). Learning one pet on a toon will make that pet available for use on all your characters, but only that toon will "have it" in their spellbook companion tab.

The pet achievements (The Littlest Pet Shop and so on) are currently missing in the beta achievement window, but a new Pet Battles achievement tab was added so there's a chance those achievements will get relocated into that section.

I don't know if they'll keep the companion tab in the game once the Pet Journal is completed, but IMO it would help players keep track of individual collections/achievements for separate toons.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dalrint
Pet Score:9471
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Post by Dalrint » April 2nd, 2012, 3:27 pm

Quintessence wrote:At the moment there are two "collections": Account wide (Pet Journal) and individual character collections (spellbook companion tab). Learning one pet on a toon will make that pet available for use on all your characters, but only that toon will "have it" in their spellbook companion tab.
I wonder if this means that when you delete the character that 'has' it in their spell book, the pet gets deleted from the account wide one as well...

Mortis_darkskull

Post by Mortis_darkskull » April 2nd, 2012, 5:48 pm

this is just speculation from my part, but I think the "normal" companions tab is just a residual heritage from the live version of the game and it will probably be removed when MoP goes live :3

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 7th, 2012, 5:00 pm

Dalrint wrote:I wonder if this means that when you delete the character that 'has' it in their spell book, the pet gets deleted from the account wide one as well...
My friend just tested this out, and deleting a toon with a pet exclusive to that specific character does NOT remove it from your Pet Journal.

He learned the blue and yellow moth on a level 1, checked to make sure it was in the Pet Journal on a level 85 toon, then proceeded to delete the level 1 character. Logged back into the level 85 and the yellow and blue moth were still present in the Pet Journal despite deleting the character with those two pets. He was still able to summon both pets and everything.

I'm not sure if this is intended or if it will stay this way, though.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com