Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us
Darkmoon Eye

Post by Tahsfenz » February 3rd, 2013, 1:21 pm

Still looking for it. My wife tries the daily for the first time today and got the eye. And not 2 minutes later fished up her second fishing pet...

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Darkmoon Eye

Post by Quintessence » February 3rd, 2013, 4:08 pm

Aw, some players have all the luck! But grats to her all the same. :)

I'm still trying for the Darkmoon Eye myself. A bit frustrating since it's only one try per day for your entire account, for only one week. But at least the battle isn't buggy for me this time around and I'm not getting kicked prematurely out of battle heh.

Good luck trying for the eye!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Maievshadow
Pet Score:10853
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Maievshadow » February 3rd, 2013, 6:10 pm

I managed to grab the Darkmoon Eye for 300g, Porcepette for 500g, Hyacinth Macaw for 3000g and Crawling Claw for 8000g all within the space of about a week. I think i just used all my luck for the entire year.

Warlock
Top Rater
Pet Score:4667
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Warlock » February 3rd, 2013, 7:05 pm

I wish the eye wasn't so rare given it's not even doable 3 weeks out of the month. Feels like the Spirits have a better drop rate :(

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » February 3rd, 2013, 10:02 pm

They do. Spirits are 10% chance from their respective bags. Darkmoon Eye is a 2% drop from the darkmoon bag. So, across a large sample size, it should take an average of 5 months if you hit the faire daily every time it's available. Of course, there's going to be a lot of variation with that low drop rate, so there's going to be people who don't get it even after a year of trying -- and people who get 2 on the first week. Right now Eyes are quite rare on the AH and fetch ~30k, but at that 5 month mark, supply should start outpacing demand. I think this is the 3rd DMF since 5.1, so if you can wait another 3 months, then a lot of people will have surplus Eyes, and prices should start trending drastically downwards.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » February 3rd, 2013, 10:29 pm

Saw one up today for 11k, but decided to just persevere. It'll drop eventually. (Or be cheaper than that on the AH)

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » February 4th, 2013, 12:46 am

Quintessence wrote:But at least the battle isn't buggy for me this time around and I'm not getting kicked prematurely out of battle heh.
Oh but sadly, you can expect it since it isn't fixed either. Got booted out three times yesterday and on top of that, got big streak of bad luck in general with him (I carried a newbie in my team though) resulting 30+ mins of wasted time on him...
- Taking your candles since 2005