Anyone close to summoning Sumprush Rodent(H)?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us
Re: Anyone close to summoning Sumprush Rodent(H)?

Post by Mastr » January 30th, 2013, 12:07 pm

I grinded my own commissions, it didn't take nearly as long as I feared. All you need to do is keep clearing the alliance ships by domination point where you kill the captains for one of the dailes. By the time you aoe down the sailors and get the captain of the ship, the other ship has respawned. If I remember correctly each ship gives about 15 a clear and they pile up fast.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » January 30th, 2013, 5:36 pm

I am on alliance side, had good luck killing the Jungle Shredders during the mission Dis-Assembly Required, while they are elite its probably not a decent option time wise, but with the remote they die easy and usually drop 4 (sometimes 3) commissions each. I hate doing this when others do need this, but get it once and don't turn it in and day after day you go there you can be the only one killing them. :)

I am at 1200 now, and will get back to it when the memory of the last grind fades a little. :lol:

Morlis
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » January 30th, 2013, 6:18 pm

Mastr wrote:I grinded my own commissions, it didn't take nearly as long as I feared. All you need to do is keep clearing the alliance ships by domination point where you kill the captains for one of the dailes. By the time you aoe down the sailors and get the captain of the ship, the other ship has respawned. If I remember correctly each ship gives about 15 a clear and they pile up fast.
No they dont. The ships give max 4 a clear as the sailors drop ZERO of them...

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » February 15th, 2013, 12:29 am

Farming the ships worked well for me as well. I already had a few hundred commendations and it only took a couple hours to get up to 2000 from there. I split the grind up between two days so I could also make use of Helpful Wikky's Whistle while grinding them. I also highly recommend grinding them on a day when the daily quests involving the boats is not active so you get the spawns all to yourself.

Even with a full 20 minutes of hitting spawns I only saw a few rares and managed to get one of each breed (and luckily one of each skin at the same time) only at the last minute. I'm guessing with the changes planned for 5.2 it's going to be harder to get as many chances for rares in the 20 minute window you get. Bumping this so others can get theirs now too.

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » February 15th, 2013, 1:28 am

Ysabell wrote:I'm guessing with the changes planned for 5.2 it's going to be harder to get as many chances for rares in the 20 minute window you get.
What's getting changed?

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » February 15th, 2013, 8:14 am

Shujila wrote:
Ysabell wrote:I'm guessing with the changes planned for 5.2 it's going to be harder to get as many chances for rares in the 20 minute window you get.
What's getting changed?
Primarily: "Fleeing a pet battle will no longer despawn the pet that was being battled, but doing so will now inflict some damage on the fleeing pet battle team." Will make it a little harder to chain engage/forfeit while constantly having them respawn and not having to worry about another player getting your rare if you're forfeiting to change pets to a capture group.